Honored Contributor

I'm getting into my "crafty" mood & re-purposing

It started with this plaque my gf tossed in trash since it was completely faded & white:

IMG_6466.JPG

Today I'm spray painting my lawn furniture to change it from boring white!  I went to estate sale & picked up a few outside pieces that need some "TLC" I am going to work on them after my company leaves.

Spray paint & those little acrylic paints are becoming my new best friend.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm getting into my "crafty" mood & re-purposing

You have. Some talent...nice work

Honored Contributor

Such fun to make over something that's seen better days.  I even make over things that are brand new but the color doesn't quite suit me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I used to refinish old furniture, but I don't do that anymore. My husband who is super energetic since he retired is building an addition onto our shed with all re-purposed wood.

Super Contributor

HOMEDECOR1 :  This is really very, very nice!!! ...You did a beautiful job....  I appreciate creativity very much..

I love doing crafts & thinking out of the box... I like to make gift bags out of wallpaper; the only problem is that the embellishments cost me more than the wallpaper.. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

and now with so many beautiful colors & styles of spray paint I'm really getting "addicted".

I spray painted some old picture frames with a crackled white finish from old gold....

My friends favorite saying if she had a piece color wasn't right "just spray paint it my best friend!"

Now I believe her!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@dex@classic@blackhole99

thank you! Thank goodness I'm not into scrap booking - I could go broke!!!

Honored Contributor

I repainted bedroom furniture - double bed, bureau, chest, and night stand.  It was several years old but in excellent condition.  I sanded all the pieces and then painted them in an off-white and stenciled with hearts and flowers and vines.  The project turned out great.  It's still in use in our guest bedroom.

Several years ago DH and I repurposed a floor model TV (remember when?).  We turned it into a cabinet for my quilt collection.  Our current large screen TV sits on top of the cabinet.

Now, I have several pieces of porch furniture I'd like to work on.  One of these days .... I hope!  I'm not sure yet what colors I will choose.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I've had great success with taking ceramics like lamps, vases and bowls and sponging on acrylic craft paint using a natural sea sponge.  I use several shades of the same color for depth.  When dry it will not come off.  I've scrubbed it with steel wool and it won't budge. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've had great success with taking ceramics like lamps, vases and bowls and sponging on acrylic craft paint using a natural sea sponge.  I use several shades of the same color for depth.  When dry it will not come off.  I've scrubbed it with steel wool and it won't budge. 

Hi @Kachina624      I have a plastic "mushroom lamp" from the '70's........The  pink plastic shade has faded out to almost "no" color.   Do you think the acrylic paint will work on that ?????   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥