Honored Contributor

I'm agonizing over the HSN Dyson no cord vacuum

One review said the filter was hard to keep clean and the unit loses suction. I thought that was Dyson's selling point, no loss of suction. I go through Dust Buster types like crazy because you can't keep the filter clean and the motor clogs. Anyone have experience with this DC35? I have hard floors so I figured it might be perfect.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm agonizing over the HSN Dyson no cord vacuum

It's got two big disadvantages for me...the charge only gives you about 15 minutes of cleaning time. Also, you must keep your finger on the "trigger" the whole time you're using the machine. This is uncomfortable is you have arthritis in your fingers. I have a lot of dog hair and it just wraps around the roller forcing me to spend a lot of time cleaning the cleaner. I think it's over-priced, worth about $100.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks for answering, I think you talked me out of it. When I'm in a cleaning mood I have to take advantage of it and 15 minutes won't do it. I also have arthritis in my hands that seems to come and go, so I'll wait until they can make some improvements. Maybe they have and that's why this unit is so cheap today.

Respected Contributor

I got the newest model, DC59 from QVC when it was a TSV recently and it is fantastic. Holding the trigger while vacuuming is effortless, but I understand that it was a bit more difficult for the older models.

I would hold out for the DC59 if I were you. It's possible that QVC will have it as a TSV again before the holidays. It's pricier than the one on HSN, but there have been many improvements.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

Get the Shark Navigator cordless. I love mine. I have all tile floors and two dogs. Never a problem.
Honored Contributor

I used this about 2 weeks ago in Best Buy. They had it set up on display. I was hugely disappointed with it. It picked up virtually nothing. Then I was thinking who knows how long it had been sitting there with people using it and it probably needed to be charged. But, it should never lose su~ction according to Dyson.

Respected Contributor

I've had the DC-35 for almost 2 years and I love it. I use it every day -- carpeted large rancher with vinyl great room and vestibule. It never loses suction; it's easy to remove and rinse out the filter ( let it air dry for a day ); it maneuvers beautifully. The house never really gets dirty except for the tiny down feathers when I make the bed. It picks up crumbs and small pieces of glass easily. Emptying is a snap. As for keeping your finger on the trigger, a small piece of Velcro could be helpful for you. Don't know if I would recommend this one if you have pets that shed. Otherwise, it worked so well for me that I got one for the FL condo. Good Luck and make sure that you register it.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill