Trusted Contributor

Re: I'd love to hear about your spare rooms.

[ Edited ]

You must be talking about the west coast QVC warehouse in my house.  )

Honored Contributor

We have a 3 bedroom house and one room is an office/guest room. The other bedroom is for our grandkids, bed, toys, etc.....Then our Master bedroom. I would love another bedroom, so that I could have my exercise room!

Honored Contributor

I have an eBay/computer room with my inventory in the closet.  DH has an office in the next room.  Downstairs used to be for our youngest son but he got a great job, saved his money and bought a house and is loving it.  So we turned his bedroom into a spare bedroom.  I have some of my antiques in there and a cozy duraflame heater that looks antique.  Love this room. right now it's just seen a visit from our God son and I'm in the middle of changing the sheets and tidying up.....

One day we will move to the city hopefully to find a one level home (with basement). Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

We have two spare bedrooms - one is DH's den. It's his room - I hardly ever go in there. He has the big screen TV in there so we do watch football in there. It is really his man cave - emphasis on the word cave.

The other room is a combo guest room and my sewing room. I have a desk in there with my sewing machines on it and I use it a lot as a sewing room - but on those occasions when we have company it does have to also serve as their bedroom- queen size bed , dresser and nightstand and a cedar chest which our company tells us is a great place for their suitcases. All the furniture in there except my desk is antique. Of course the mattress & box springs are new. The tiny table that serves as a nightstand is the one piece of furniture that my great grandmother brought over from Italy when she came here. It's beautiful - inlaid ivory design on the top.They immigrated in 1908 - I don't know how old the table is.

Honored Contributor

20170126_112209.jpgWe have three bedrooms with two in daily use. This is our spare room but we very rarely have a guest.

Honored Contributor

20170126_112306.jpgAnother view of our spare room. I keep it a bedroom mostly because of this furniture. It was purchased by my parents in about 1962 when they built their first home. This picture is a bit blurry but this hard rock maple furniture has the most gorgeous honey color and is in perfect shape. I love this room and have spent a lot of time this winter De junking it. The closet was way too full and too much stuff was "hidden"under and behind things.  It had become a dumping ground for Christmas decor and unused other things.

Still working on it but coming along. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

We have a five bedroom home.  One son is away at college, so he still has a room.  Another room is for our oldest boy who lives in an apartmet, but that is also the guest room.

Then the other two rooms are a mess.  One of them has our bunk beds, which I refuse to get rid of, and all my wrapping paper, gift bags, a big plastic box of tissue paper (I have issues LOL) and a dresser with clothes, and lots of other "stuff."  Then the last bedroom (which was our middle boy's but he has a house now) is my craft room, which I am starting to redo to make it more efficient.  It is so messy that it stresses me out to be in there.  I keep way too much stuff to scrapbook.

The down side of having lots of space is keeping way too much stuff.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips  ITA - living in my small house with no basement for storage I find we are just as content with much less stuff. Esp. clothes - way less clothes.Of course not working anymore we need much less clothes - half my closet when I worked was scrubs & scrub jackets.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We bought this 4 bedroom house about 9 years ago - just the 2 of us.  We immediately knocked down the wall between the Master and the spare next to it, and he made that into a big walk in closet with built ins for shoe storage etc, and I also have my vanity in that room.  The other 2 spare bedrooms are ready for guests whenever we need them.  Houses are too big for just 2 people lol.