Respected Contributor

I love this space just as it is. The serenity of the room is in perfect balance with the serene exterior. 

Honored Contributor

I love the fireplace and the table/chairs.  I think the hanging lamps are interesting but not what I would want.  I think the room does need a grounding color, one color to draw interest but not too much.  But I do think that the days of white, beige and cream are pretty much over as a "theme"....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I agree with needing color in this room.  I would have color in the couches and eliminate those lights.  I would add decor  especially to the mantle area and put a centerpiece on the table. As is the room is cold and drab and it needs to be perked up.  I do like the windows but prefer some privacy too  With color added in the couches, decor added which would enhance the room and new lights, the room would be much nicer for me.

Respected Contributor

I'd be more than happy to move in, with the only added color,  being that of my glass of red wine Woman Wink.  

Honored Contributor

I love color.  Every room in my house is painted a different color!

Honored Contributor

I like the room neutral as it is, but I think it would look better with a dark wood floor.  As far as the Foucault's Orbs, I love them and have some in my house.

Honored Contributor

I agree @wilma, while I can appreciate a well done all neutral room, this one simply isn't. As currently constituted, for me, it's bland and sterile. It's doubtful I'd keep anything were I able to start over. The room itself, windows (though they need some manner of covering or at least some panels) and fireplace are wonderful. The decor is not. Oddly enough, I do like the Birch branches atop the mantel, but would find some other way to use them. I could work with the log holder next to the fireplace and the lamps (not the ceiling lights, which are awful) but pretty much the rest needs to go. And yes, I'd introduce some color. It could be muted and it need not be extensive but the room needs a bit of a jolt. Also agree, the patio is uninspired.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Can't stand mixing cool gray and beige as seen here. YUK!

But the room itself (sans all the stuff in it) is GORGEOUS.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it just the way it is 😃

Honored Contributor
Any room that looks like a vanilla milkshake coated everything in it is of no interest to me.

I don't want my home described as elegant! This is a family home in rural West Virginia, so comfort is priority everywhere, along with color and wood!