Respected Contributor

Hummingbirds Are Out This Week

When I've been taking the dog out in the backyard this week, I've noticed several hummingbirds flying around the next door neighbor's budding rose bushes. @Bird mama , they're a delight to watch.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hummingbirds Are Out This Week

I just put one of my feeders out today with hopes the early arrivals will be coming soon to the midwest, I need to check the hummer map to see their travels so far.

Esteemed Contributor

We have two feeders and will be putting them out sometime next month.

Honored Contributor

Can't wait to see our hummers back, it's still too soon in my neck of the woods.

Honored Contributor

Last year my hummingbirds arrived in the middle of April.  That was early for them.  They leave sometime in October.  I'm so excited that it's almost time for them to come back!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Hummers....unfortunately I had to do away with my feeders because it attracted fire ants I had them hanging from my porch patio...even the feeders that had features to stop ants didnt deter them....pesky little buggers.... Woman Frustrated  One Hummer remembered I had feeders and fussed at me because there were none ......LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've read that they follow the buckeyes blooming, so I use that as my guide for when to put the feeder out.  

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily---my hummers are year round. I am forever filling up the feeder---had one lick the overflow liquid from my hand while I was trying to re- hang the feeder---now that has to be a sign of good luck, right??