Trusted Contributor

Re: How far away is your mailbox?

I'm in an older community, most of the homes are over 50 years old.  My mailbox is mounted right next to the front door, just have to reach my arm iout and collect the mail.  

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus Thank you! Will do.
Super Contributor

My mailbox is at the curb in front of my house. Because our house is on a hill, my Dad (as he aged) asked the USPS if they would be willing to have a mailbox at our front steps -- we have a front semi-circle drive and the mail truck could drive right up. Permission denied. So a little schlep down the hill and back is necessary. Some days when my knee injury acts up I get in the car and drive around to the mailbox.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

My inlaws live in Northern Maine in a very rural area and there's no mail delivery.  They have drive into town and pickup their mail.  But the delivery services, including Usps deliver packages to them.

Valued Contributor

Right across the street.

Honored Contributor

Our mail box is about 60 feet from the front door.  Our front yard has about 20 feet of grass then the rest is woods.

We have a wonderful wrap around porch around our ceder sided house.

Respected Contributor

Our community mailbox is a little over a mile away. We drive to get our mail. Some use their golf carts or bicycles.