Esteemed Contributor

Re: How far away is your mailbox?

My mailbox is near the end of my driveway. The USPS carrier always leaves my mail in the box and any packages are left on my loveseat or patio table on the front porch. It's safe there and out of the weather. 

Some of you asked about major health issues? When I broke my back, my Ortho. Surgeon wrote a letter to the USPS Branch near me asking them to deliver the mail to my front door! My carrier did while I was bedridden.

When I began taking daily walks (about a week later), I called the USPS and told them I needed to get outside and keep building my core muscles in order to strengthen my back so I didn't have to go throuogh surgery. It was painful, but it was worth it as far as healing my back and taking the daily injections to build bones instead. I'm so glad to have avoided the surgery route. 

So yes, a physicians letter will help if you need home delivery. I didn't ask for it, but my Ortho. Surgeon felt it would be necessary before he realized I wasn't going the surgical route. Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

At the end of the driveway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

My mailbox is mounted on my house just outside my front door. 

We have the same arrangement. Don't have to step outside if we don't want to..

Respected Contributor

Mine is at the sidewalk in front of my house.  I hate mail kiosks where you have to walk to the end of the block to get your mail, especially because I get packages often.  I actually decided against buying in a particular neighborhood because I didn't like where the mail boxes were located.

Trusted Contributor

We don't have a mailbox. We have a slot outside to the left of the front door. When the mail carrier delivers the mail it drops into a bin on the other side of the wall which is in the garage. We don't have to worry about stolen mail.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I to have an old fashion mailbox  at the end of my driveway.  My mail carrier  leaves packages at my garage door.

Respected Contributor

I live in a huge apartment complex. Our community mailbox is very convenient (for me).

Honored Contributor

Complaining that you have to WALK to your mailbox? Seriously? Getting out in the fresh air and having a walk is good for you! Please just change your mindset and think of this as a positive thing. Start walking for exercise and you won't have to worry about how you'll get your mail in the future. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Our mailbox is at the end of the driveway...we live in a subivision with about 50 homes.  We get daily mail delivery.

Respected Contributor

I have a mail chute so I don't have to leave the house to get my mail.....unless of course it is a package and then it is left on the front stoop.