Honored Contributor

How far away is your mailbox?

I live in a new development and I have to walk two blocks down hill (and then of course back up again) to get my mail at a community mailbox.  I guess when I'm too old to walk it, I'll just have to wait until someone comes to visit and ask them to get it for me.  

Does anyone get home delivery from USPS anymore?

How far away is your mailbox from your house?

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: How far away is your mailbox?

@house_cat  We're in a development of about 110 houses & there is a community mailbox towards the top of the hill for all of us.  Originally it was closer to the street but there was a hit 'n run maybe 10 years ago taking out some of the boxes so they replaced them & moved them further away from the street.  Honestly, it's a great feature for all of us.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Yes, we get home delivery. Our mailbox is at the end of the driveway and the mailman comes in his truck and delivers it.

Respected Contributor

Our mail box is screwed onto the brick wall to the right of my front door and yes we get USPS delivery daily.  I'm not moving any time soon.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

My mailbox is mounted on my house just outside my front door. 

Honored Contributor

Mine is mounted on my porch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

My mailbox is on my front porch. There are only two people on my street who have mailboxes at the street and it's only because their houses sit back on their lots. Everyone else has theirs on the porch.

Honored Contributor

When I lived in NY, we had a mailbox mounted on the house that I could actually reach into without stepping outside. 

Since moving from there 22 years ago, everywhere I've lived has a community box. 

My friend moved to a very upscale senior community in CO recently and all their mailboxes are in the main clubhouse - seems kind of dumb for a senior community where it snows quite often.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It is on the street in front of the house, just past the sidewalk and a little strip of grass.   So I just have to walk down sidewalk across the front lawn and it's there!

Respected Contributor

Our mailbox is at the curb in front of our house. The mailman drives a truck where he sits on the right side. He puts the mail into each box without having to leave his truck. Each address has its own mailbox.