Super Contributor

Another here who loves Terro liquid...

Regular Contributor

Do you recommend a specific brand of ant traps. Is this sold at grocery stores?

Respected Contributor

Terro liquid ant bait worked for Ants in my bathroom and they haven't been back. Great stuff!

Regular Contributor

Where do you buy terro?

Honored Contributor
On 4/23/2014 Joann1218 said:

Do you recommend a specific brand of ant traps. Is this sold at grocery stores?

I like Raid Double Control. I usually get them at my grocery store, but my grocery store is vastly superior to most others in terms of how many things they carry. (Sorry, everyone outside of Texas, HEB grocery stores are the best. They just are.) If you can't find them in your store, you can try Home Depot, Target, or Walmart. My Home Depot carries bug killers near the nursery.

Honored Contributor

Red pepper flakes sprinkled along the entry point and along the ant line. Make sure you don't sprinkle on floors if you have dogs or pets. The red pepper will irritate their nose, and once sniffed, difficult to remove from their nostrils.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
On 4/23/2014 ROMARY said:

Red pepper flakes sprinkled along the entry point and along the ant line. Make sure you don't sprinkle on floors if you have dogs or pets. The red pepper will irritate their nose, and once sniffed, difficult to remove from their nostrils.

The ants noses.... or the pet noses????Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with brii and have two additional suggestions.

When you first find them scurrying around, grab Windex and spray them like heck. This stops them in their tracks and you can immediately clean them up.

Secondly, if you're fortunate enough to find the entry point, try one of two solutions we have used over the years. In our own home, I spackled over the tiny crack next to the window frame where they were coming in. In the second instance, we were in a rental condo, so I chose to use a temporary measure and retrieved one of my new silicone earplugs, broke off a small piece and jammed it into the small opening.

Wah-Lah, no more ants.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/23/2014 Joann1218 said:

Where do you buy terro?

I got the liquid ant bait at Lowe's.

Super Contributor

Terro! Bengal roach spray is powerful, too. No more ants. They are dead at the door, window, or wherever they crawl in.