Honored Contributor

How To Clean A House By Maxine!!!

LOVE Maxine!  Isn't she in all of us at times?????

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Clean A House By Maxine!!!

I love Maxine’s way of thinking!   

After a year of coping with my husbands health issue, he is on more stable ground now, and I am trying to get some serious cleaning done.   One of the best things was walking thru the house, picking up things I was tired of looking at, and tossing them in the trash.   Even more is going out this week; so many gift items from work that mean nothing to me 6 years after retirement, headed for the landfill.  I cannot deal with visual clutter in my house.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop   I don't know if you ever view any YouTubers but one of my favorites is from a business owner in Toronto who owns a cleaning service.   Her channel is called "Clean My Space".    

She gives so many good ideas of how to clean and what products are good to use.   Naturally she also sells her own brand of microfiber cleaning cloths.  I've purchased them and they are good but not any better than others you can find locally.  

I just enjoy her methods and her views on how exactly what degree of cleanliness is acceptable to each of us.    Some people want to live in an almost sterile environment and others just feel that as long the house is relatively clean that is good enough for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Maxine is my spirit animal.  The older I get the more "Maxine" I get.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wonderful!

Maxine says so much that I want to but I just lack the nerve (and the creativity).

One thing about getting older though is that while you always want to stay positive, the sting insensitivity and unkindness of some is less and less painful. You get comfortable in your own skin (sagging and all)heart:

Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Maxine,   that is how I have been feeling lately and I need to snap out of it!  lol

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

I adore Maxine!  Love the look on her little dog's face.

My mother was a fiend on keeping a clean house.  A maniac that required scrubbing the kitchen floor with Brillo pads before rewaxing.  My sis and I did this on a monthly basis, if not more often.

We were required to clean the house and do a list of "chores" before going out to play.  It all had to pass inspection.

While I hated it at the time, it gave me an appreciation for a clean home, which is at the top of my priorities.

I try not to go crazy about it, but every time I let something slip, I feel my mother watching Cat LOL

However, I like Maxine's method of getting things done!

Honored Contributor

I love it!  Maxine is my soul sister!  I have her calendar and each and every day I get a good laugh!  What is kind of scary though, is as time goes on I think I am beginning to resemble her more and more!  Yikes!!!  Equally wonderful is her dog, Floyd!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I love it!  Maxine is my soul sister!  I have her calendar and each and every day I get a good laugh!  What is kind of scary though, is as time goes on I think I am beginning to resemble her more and more!  Yikes!!!  Equally wonderful is her dog, Floyd!  

@AngelPuppy1 It seems Maxine's popularity comes from being a part of all of us!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Now that is an excellent guide!

Someone send that to Marie Kondo!