Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Pendant Lights Above The Kitchen Bar?

Our island in our camper is 72 "" and has 3 lights hanging down from a pretty wooden fixture - above the fixture there are 25 watt lights we can turn on for a night light. Love it - I would say 1 light for about every 2 ft of island sounds about right. So that would be 3 for your 86"".

Honored Contributor

I have 2 large fixtures that are set on a dimmer switch. I don't know how long the island is. 3 would be too many. They are large fixtures.

If I had smaller fixtures, I would do 3.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your great posts. My husband told me that I could have 2 or 3 lights.

Sounds like 3 is the magic number

I really appreciate your help.

One more question. We are doing the whole downstairs in black and white.

Would it be better to do the pendants in black with white shades or match the hardware on the kitchen cabinets?

Frequent Contributor

I would match the hardware on the kitchen cabinets. That way, should you change the color scheme, your lights will still coordinate. Enjoy your remodel!

Honored Contributor

Thanks

I enjoy getting ideas from everyone What fun and all the wealth of information on these boards.

Super Contributor

Our kitchen bar is 10 feet long with 3 pendant lights.

Honored Contributor

I believe the rule of thumb for decorating is always in 3's. I'm sure that would look perfect - we are still trying to decide on the undercounted lighting for my kitchen remodel. Such great styles to choose from.
Occasional Contributor

Our island in kitchen is 9 feet long and we have 3 pendant lights hanging then have recessed lighting surrounding the rest of the kitchen.
Honored Contributor

Thanks again, this has been so much help. I found some brushed nickel pendant lights at Lowes.