Honored Contributor

Is it time again for this?

I need to vac blinds.  I did read on line to use the roller that has tape all around it to clean lamp shades.  I'll need to try that one.  

To clean a t.v. or computer screen, they said to gently use a coffee filter on it.  I don't think that would scratch it??? Would I use it on my glasses tho, since it's a paper product, not sure on that one.

What cleaning hints do you want to add?

Honored Contributor

Pull all the blinds so when the sun shines you don't see all the dust! LOL!!

Seriously --- I wish there were some easy cleaning tips!  I don't find anything EASY about cleaning!  I HATE anything to do with cleaning.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

A place for everything and everything in it's place-ALWAYS!

It makes routine traditional cleaning tasks like floors, dusting, bathrooms so much easier.

Honored Contributor

What kind of blinds?

I have pleated blinds and just wipe them down, first with a dry cloth to get the dust and then a lightly damp one. The pleats pop right back.

Honored Contributor

The first thing I did when we moved into our condo is get rid of all the blinds and replace with shades.  Blinds are major dust catchers and very difficult to clean.  Much rather spend my time organizing than cleaning!

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal I have automated pleated blinds.   I use my hair dryer to blow off the dust.  It works!    

Honored Contributor

Re: House cleaning tips?

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Is it time again for this?

I need to vac blinds.  I did read on line to use the roller that has tape all around it to clean lamp shades.  I'll need to try that one.  

To clean a t.v. or computer screen, they said to gently use a coffee filter on it.  I don't think that would scratch it??? Would I use it on my glasses tho, since it's a paper product, not sure on that one.

What cleaning hints do you want to add?

Don't use coffee filters to clean electronic screens. It will sratch them. I use microfiber cloth and water.

Honored Contributor

I have never "cleaned" my tv screens.  I dust it off with....

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at Tue, May 3, 2022-11.30.39 AM.png

As for my blinds, my cleaning crew do that.  Next year I plan on purchasing Roman blinds.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

When it comes to cleaning my linoleum kitchen/bath floors I like to use a steam mop. But I like to use a pad that I pre-moistened with straight vinegar...not soaking wet but enough to where it's damp enough to see it while I mop. Makes a big difference when you use a damp pad, even with just water, with a steam mop. 

Honored Contributor

Is it cheating to say get a housecleaning service?  LOL.  I have my first cleaning scheduled this afternoon.  I am a little nervous about how it's going to go.

I would NOT use any paper products on my glasses.