Respected Contributor

Re: Home for the Holidays...

@beach-mom   Of course I made a snowman but I always feel cold so winter isn't my best season.  

I used to "go out and get some fresh air" as my mom commanded--all bundled up in a snowsuit--and back in within, like 20 minutes, shivering.  I'd climb up and sit on the top of the covered radiator and eat my bowl of chicken noodle soup!Woman Wink

I preferred sitting near the window curled up with a book once I learned to read or fantasizinggg with my baby dolls in the big back playroom with French doors behind the dining room.

Wish we could go back in time and be neighbors.  You could sleep over.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@beach-mom   Of course I made a snowman but I always feel cold so winter isn't my best season.  

I used to "go out and get some fresh air" as my mom commanded--all bundled up in a snowsuit--and back in within, like 20 minutes, shivering.  I'd climb up and sit on the top of the covered radiator and eat my bowl of chicken noodle soup!Woman Wink

I preferred sitting near the window curled up with a book once I learned to read or fantasizinggg with my baby dolls in the big back playroom with French doors behind the dining room.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 - I grew up in the south, so there was no snow. But when my parents moved to the Chesapeake Bay, I learned what it was- and I wasn't crazy about it!

I'm still the one constantly by a fireplace or stove wherever we go. At home in the winter I'll be lying by the stove in our family room, usually with a kitty or two or more on me. They like the heat too! 

I would also find a quiet place in this house and read!  And I would love to have sleepovers with you!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435  Lovely home to have as part of one's memories... I have to tell you, as a child when it snowed, my little friends and I would be out in it for hours... I loved it... I still do, within reason. Though of course these days, even when we get any, which we seem never to do anymore, I'd not be spending the day outside like I did years ago...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'll take it!

White-Christmas-House-Decor-with-Wreaths.jpg

Gorgeous.💚❤️💚❤️

Honored Contributor

Sorry I don't have any other pictures of this lovely homestead, inside or out... It was a stand alone... I too would like to see more...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'll take it!

White-Christmas-House-Decor-with-Wreaths.jpg

Next in line please.......or just invite me over for a visit. I'll try not to drool! LOL