Respected Contributor

Home Fragrance - Input Please

[ Edited ]

I know there are various ways to scent a home but when I look online for ideas, I'm not seeing pertinent info (ie how long the scent lasts, what size room it works for).

What I'm after:

- something strong enough for an open concept living space

- can be gone and come home to the aroma any time of day

- lasts 30 days (doesn't need constant replacing)

- doesn't need babysitting (ie lit candles)

- inconspicuous (doesn't interfere with decor)

- prefer natural, not chemicals

Do you know of anything that matches most or all of the above or of a site that lists this type of info? Any ideas appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Home Fragrance - Input Please

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I know there are various ways to scent a home but when I look online for ideas, I'm not seeing pertinent info (ie how long the scent lasts, what size room it works for).

What I'm after:

Do you know of anything that matches most or all of the above or of a site that lists this type of info? Any ideas appreciated.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

A housekeeper than deep-cleans everyday.

Respected Contributor

Check out Nest Reed Diffusers

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

What I'm after:

@ThinkingOutLoud 

A housekeeper than deep-cleans everyday.

Ha! Guess the list should've included inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

there are scented filters that you can put in your heating unit

Respected Contributor

I  like the scented oils you burn from bath and body, they are plug in types.  Not perfect but that is the best I have found.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PURA! It is a plug in device and you control the scent from your phone. You can turn it on and off from your phone-super simple, and adjust the scent as well. You can leave it on low all day if you want, or turn if off when you are not home, and then on for a few hours...

I like that it is adjustable, and you dont have to watch or worry about anything! I dont use mine everyday, but I like having options! I still lovemy scented candles and melts, but I like this for the simplicity of it!

The device is about 45.00, and you buy the oils separately, and they are usually around 15.00 per bottle, and the Pura Device holds 2 bottles, that way you can combine both scents at the same time if you want to, or just one bottle at a time.

Respected Contributor

I like the reed fragranced oil diffusers.  There are all price points out there but my favorite is the Archipelago  (a bit expensive) that last for up to a year.   I place them around my house and you can place different scents in different areas (like for each bathroom).  You can flip the reeds periodically and that is the only maintenance I do except replace the oils.  I get a soft fragrance when I enter a room and don't have any plug ins or burning candles.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

I  like the scented oils you burn from bath and body, they are plug in types.  Not perfect but that is the best I have found.

yes i use their wallflowers.. i just got alot when they were on sale..i live in a small apt. and i have 1 plugged in my kitchen and one in my bedroom.. it makes my whole apt. smell nice.. and i burn their candles everyday. i have reed diffusers, but unless i put my nose all the way up to the reeds, i dont smell it at all. its more just for decoration for me. but i would try any kind of plug ins. or they also have the timed ones that relases a scent every 5 min or so... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a little jar air fresher ,that has a wick  with a flower, renuzit name brand ,i have only found it on amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.