Honored Contributor

DINING NOOK IN BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS

Do you ever have a single room, or even a corner of a room, that grabs your attention?   This corner, in a traditional Tudor, no less, took my fancy.  It just opens up your imagination!   Designer is Robin Gannon.

Brookline3.jpg

I always enjoy it when old and new, classic and modern and retro, have a compatible meeting of the minds!

Tried to analyze what was eye-catching, for me.

I like:  

Of course, the box paneling, nod to the Tudor origins.

The moss green, curved and tufted velvet banquette, especially paired with those curved chairs.

The lazy palm, combined with aforementioned box paneling, and mirrors, suggesting glass conservatories of old.

The round table, with legs that seem a playful contemporary tribute to Tudor or Jacobean style.

Evidence of human life and activities on that table.

And Audrey,  overlooking it all!

Chess, anyone?

Brookline5.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: DINING NOOK IN BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS

I can honestly say there is not one thing about this "dining nook" that I like including that particular pix of AH---LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I like the plant. That's all.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell I see it as a fun room for a visit!  And I really do like it in that way. Overall tho, it's not for me personally but there are aspects and details that I do like.  I like the chess set and that little box on the table.  I like the moss color and I do feel like I could 'do something' with the loveset and those chairs, although I could do without the fringe.  I like the molding, overall.  I do not like that table, the light fixture, or the picture of audrey.  I feel like audrey and marilyn artwork is just overdone.

Honored Contributor

I like the banquette and the chairs but this looks like a Waiting Area in a Restaurant, Spa, Salon, or Hotel to me.

It would be nice in the areas mentioned but not in my home.

Valued Contributor

love it ! 

Super Contributor

@Oznell 

I love it!  Heart  It certainly drew me in.

I would have preferred a different plant. Perhaps one with a sturdier trunk and broader  leaf.

Respected Contributor

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!  There's a difference between eclectic and mismatched.  Worst thing in this room -- and there's a lot to choose from -- is the oversized spider descending from the ceiling...

Respected Contributor

I love it. But not for my home. It would be nicer with a replacement for that awful ceiling lighting

Honored Contributor

A fun area for a boutique, hotel, club but not in a house.

I like the green couch and chairs the best. Soothing color to my eyes.