Honored Contributor

Re: Helpfull hints to pass along, that you've learned?

I use sheet pans as serving trays.I also use one to rest meat that could release juices.

Esteemed Contributor

How about storing those grocery shopping plastic bags in an empty kleenex box; popping open pickle jars, etc., by placing the pointed end of a beer-can opener on the jar's rim near the glass bump out part, going around the rim until you hear it pop; and, when running low on butter - or just for a nice change - substituting mayo on the bread when grilling cheese sandwiches - not sure if these tips count.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

How about storing those grocery shopping plastic bags in an empty kleenex box; popping open pickle jars, etc., by placing the pointed end of a beer-can opener on the jar's rim near the glass bump out part, going around the rim until you hear it pop; and, when running low on butter - or just for a nice change - substituting mayo on the bread when grilling cheese sandwiches - not sure if these tips count.

Oh they are good.I love the Kleenex box idea so thanks.I have been opening my own jars as you described for years...no man needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Oh they are good.I love the Kleenex box idea so thanks.I have been opening my own jars as you described for years...no man needed.

You're right, @dex .  But I sooo enjoy so "needing" a man, when I can!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme @Men love that stuff too lol.I just think for all who don’t have a big strong guy or don’t want to wait till he gets home ...problem solved.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   148322.gif

**taking notes**

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Harpa my husband is a hot pan cold food believer!  I am not and tell him all the time to myob, I'm doing the cooking not him!

That is too funny! Get him!!😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Trusted Contributor

It's just my husband and I, but I still cook in bulk and freeze for future meals. Saves so much time and energy...not to mention less stress trying to decide what to cook for dinner. 

I cook hamburger in bulk for tacos, spaghetti, lasagne, ect. I also cook chicken breasts for future dinners. So nice to have that option when meal planning. Chicken breasts can be used for so many recipes. I do purchase the chickens from Costco from time to time and take all the meat off the bones and then put the bones in my pressure cooker to make stock for soups and gravy. The meat is great for quick fixes like enchiladas, soups, casseroles.

But my best advice...invest in a Foodsaver...I cannot tell you how much money you will save cooking in bulk and vacuum sealing the foods for the freezer. I have limited counter space, so any small appliance that sits on my counter has to a workhorse....and the Foodsaver is so worth the space!!!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I can't believe how long it took me to figure this one out.  My plastic spatula kept sticking to morning eggs.  So I sprayed Pam on it as well as the pan.  Better late than never I guess, it's a breeze now.  Sheesh!!!  Ding, ding, ding!!!!! LOL Woman Wink

Check nozzle direction of Pam cooking spray BEFORE you spray.  Just making dinner tonight and got a got spray to my face and eyes!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I can't believe how long it took me to figure this one out.  My plastic spatula kept sticking to morning eggs.  So I sprayed Pam on it as well as the pan.  Better late than never I guess, it's a breeze now.  Sheesh!!!  Ding, ding, ding!!!!! LOL Woman Wink

Check nozzle direction of Pam cooking spray BEFORE you spray.  Just making dinner tonight and got a got spray to my face and eyes!  LOL!

Ouch!  Yes, that's not on the "use on" list.  Hope you're ok.