Honored Contributor

#Entrywaydecor #Entrywayideas #Foyerdecorating #Entrancehallideas #Hallwaylighting #Smallhallwayideas

This entry has a lot going on with color, texture, and finishes.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

There is nothing cohesive about this look.  I don't care for it.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan.  The color does not seem yellow, more like light mustard, and that is not appealing, maybe a deeper yellow would have changed the appearance.

Honored Contributor

I like the chandelier! lol!

Honored Contributor

Nice flooring and I don't mind the door color, though I wouldn't choose it. Overall, a pretty lame entrance... A mirror, a not so great looking plant (I think...) and an unappealing light fixture...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like the mustardy yellow door (brighter yellow feels too kitcheny to me) and I like the flooring.  I don't like the gray or bluish gray of the rest of the room, but I don't ever feel comfortable with those colors, so it's not just this design affecting my choices.

Esteemed Contributor

It just seems like they got this look from a discount store. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's pretty except for the plant. It looks very British to me.

Esteemed Contributor

The floor looks neat. 

That is all I like.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, let's see.  I like the stairs, transom window and floor.  The yellow door, plant, mirror need to go.  The chandelier is pretty, but does not belong here. 

It needs a small table with a lamp and other decor and a nice rug.  Something else on the wall but that mirror.  I would paint the door just a hint darker than the walls and get a different light fixture.

There.....that should do it.

Like another poster said, it does look British by where the lock is located on the door.