Honored Contributor

Don't care for the yellow/black/white color combo.  Nice floor.

Honored Contributor

I like the floor, colors, and the chandelier is ok if it's a beach house.

I think the spindles on the railing are throwing me off. The area is not complimentary....and the plant looks lonely.

Honored Contributor

Looks like different people used their ideas on the same house!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Something is wrong here to my eye!

How about dark navy instead of black?

Keep the yellow door, but change the light fixture and mirror.

i will think about a different light fixture, but it should be clean lines, IMO.💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Personally, I think the stairway and the wainscoting would look better in a lighter color to coordinate more with the flooring and the door.

Honored Contributor

Looks like an entrance to an old row home so prevalent in this country.

I prefer seeing them restored to their original condition, so yellow doesn't work for me, nor does the painted green stairway and flooring.   I prefer the old dark wood finish.

The chandelier fades away against white walls, so I suggest something else.  Need to think about what that would be. 

For high ceilings, I think wall decor needs to extend fairly high on the walls to balance rooms that often look bottom heavy with furniture and accessories concentrated in the lower half.  Other than the stairs, this space looks bottom heavy to me.  

I'd try brightening it up with wallpaper, colorful area rug and stair carpeting, wall decor, and curtains on the door. 

Honored Contributor

Amezcua Hand-Woven Gray/Yellow Area Rug

If it were me, I would play up that yellow door with a bigger area rug something like this.  I would remover the planter and shoes and concentrate on a different wall arrangement or perhap just a different mirror.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't edit my reply.  What's with that??  I forgot to say I would also change out the chandelier. 

Respected Contributor

Not a fan.

Respected Contributor

i don't care for this at all.