Trusted Contributor

Have you gotten into adult coloring books?

Have been seeing them when I've been out & about & think I might jump in next time I see one. I've heard they're very relaxing to use & certainly have beautiful pictures. Also need some colored pencils, I guess. Has anyone here used them?

Regular Contributor

Re: Have you gotten into adult coloring books?

Yes, I have a few different books.  I splurged on a nice set ot artist quality colored pencils. It is fun and relaxing.

Trusted Contributor

I went to a local hobby and craft store and bought myself an adult coloring book and colored pencils as I had seen them advertised.  It is alot of fun and very relaxing.  Go for it!!

Valued Contributor

Yes! I first came across them at the breast cancer center waiting room.  They were always there for all the patients to use.  I have purchased several myself but I prefer to use fine line colored markers.  They are very relaxing.

Honored Contributor

Might be interesting for a waiting room but I can think of a thousand things I would rather do otherwise
Trusted Contributor

I've looked at many of them in the stores and find them intriguing. But I think I'd go nuts trying to color into the tiny areas of the designs. I'm passing for now.

Honored Contributor

I find I prefer pencils to markers

Trusted Contributor

Adult coloring books?  Is that like x-rated pictures that you color in??  Is this for real?  I'm so confused and a little disturbed.

Respected Contributor

Yes and I love them!! I have several different themed ones and they are a lot of fun and very relaxing. I use colored pencils and fine tipped artist markers.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Adult coloring books?  Is that like x-rated pictures that you color in??  Is this for real?  I'm so confused and a little disturbed.

@PeterDM

Ha! When I first heard about these I thought the same thing! And I thought wow, people talk about these on a forum!

Then I saw them online and now in stores.

They actually remind me of some of the artwork of the 1960's. Very intricate patterns and many have a kind of psychedelic look to them.

I think I'd go crazy with attempting to get them perfect. I'd obsess over the color palette for each one, and getting just the right colors in just the right places.

It is supposed to be relaxing, and I'd just make a stressful obsession out of the whole thing!