Regular Contributor

Re: Have you ever used one of those statues in front yard, to help sell a house?

Bury the statue in the yard in the front of the house. Favorable spots are either close to the “For Sale” sign or close to the road.

• Bury the statue upsidedown, facing the house.

• Pray to Saint Joseph when you are burying him and keep praying until the house is sold.

• But the most important part is to have faith all the time, in yourself, in your Sale and in Saint Joseph.

• After your house is sold, take him with you to your new home and put him in a place of honor.

• If you live in a condo, bury the statue of St Joseph in a pot.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever used one of those statues in front yard, to help sell a house?

Yes. Sold my $$$$ house in a bad market (2006) in about 10 days.

Bought a St. Joseph statue for my brother when selling our mother's condo. Did not work as well. I am sure the real estste agent and price had much to do with that sale, though!

Trusted Contributor

My son used the statue that I purchased for him.  They bought a new house, then had extreme difficulty selling their townhouse.  Buried the stature, and the townhouse sold in less than a week.  Coincidence or not, we were all thrilled.

Respected Contributor

LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't know what you are talking about, but doesn't strike me as a religious activity.  At least not for my branch of religious activity.  Sounds like a superstition, but that's me.

@Sooner  I think you're right.  I  consider it more of a superstition than anything religious, even though it is a St Joseph statue.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes we did. Our house had a offer within 12 hours. That fell through but we had another buyer within 5 days who we sold to. We forgot to dig it up and take it with us when we left.

Contributor

Quite a few of my family members have used the St. Joseph  statue to sell their house and their house sold.  I seem to remember buring the statue upside down and in the front yard.  If I were selling my house, I'd do it.

Honored Contributor

My dad sold his house in 4 days and didn't even have a statue.  He did have a good real estate agent, which is where I'd put my confidence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was married to a real estate broker who came from a family of more real estate brokers and agents and I have never heard of this statue thing.

Honored Contributor

I did it when I was selling my parents home.

The day of the closing I dug him up and left him on the fireplace mantel for the new owners since there was no new home to bring him to.