Respected Contributor

I couldn't believe my eyes when I was shopping on BBW's website and low & behold, this pineapple luminary has reappeared.  Years ago, I owned the Slatkin one that was pink on the inside, however I eventually sold it on eBay for $90.00.  BBW must be lacking creativity or they are hoping to resurrect the Slatkin mania again.  I find it ironic that Harry is now spearheading Partylite and I cannot wait to see what he brings to them.  Hopefully not a white pineapple luminary!

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin Reincarnation

[ Edited ]

Set me straight here, if I'm confused, but isn't Partylite a super cheap, low budget candle company? The kind you find at the bottom of a bargain bin, kind of product?

Or am I thinking of some other company with a similar name from my distant past?

If it is as low budget as I am thinking, Harry has taken a step (or six) down, hasn't he?

@BornToShop

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio, Partylite is a high-end candle/decor line; I have several pieces to vouch for that...!  I am wondering how he will influence their fragrances.  I am still not over him leaving BBW.  I do not even come close to spending $$ at BBW compared to those good ole days when Slatkin was there.  I keep checking out Partylite's website to see any hint of Slatkin infusing into Partylite.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Mominohio, Partylite is a high-end candle/decor line; I have several pieces to vouch for that...!  I am wondering how he will influence their fragrances.  I am still not over him leaving BBW.  I do not even come close to spending $$ at BBW compared to those good ole days when Slatkin was there.  I keep checking out Partylite's website to see any hint of Slatkin infusing into Partylite.  

@BornToShop

Ok, thanks for setting me straight! I will check them out, and don't know what I am confusing them with. 

The mind is the first to go!

Honored Contributor

I purchased this pinapple from BBW last year it has a green inside.  I love it and get many compliments on it.  

Frequent Contributor

Good post.  Yes, I have my pineapple with the pink inside, actually a pair of them which I cannot seem to let go of.  Now I am going to start checking out Partylite's website.  Luv me some Slatkin-----candles, that is.

Respected Contributor

@TexasBarbie, I truly pouted & boycotted BBW when he left that company years ago.  I cannot begin to tell you the $$ I spent with pure enjoyment as his products were second to none.  Now, I probably shop at BBW once a year, if even that.  I assume we won't see immediate Slatkin with Partylite since it has only been a couple months or so.  However, he will no doubt be forth coming & like you, I love me my Harry!  Long live "the nose"!

Honored Contributor

Makes me want to join PartyLite - almost! Smiley Wink

I have the pineapple from long ago too.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Thanks for starting the discussion @BornToShopSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @BornToShop. I never got over that either.  To be honest I very rarely go into that store anymore and I was always there.  Please post when and if you see anything interesting on that Partylite site from Harry.  I still have a couple of his candles tucked away somewhere but can't bear to light them.

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue, you know I'll be all over it!  I think Slatkin realizes what side his bread is buttered on.  If you & I are examples of the massive following he once had, no doubt he'll be back even bigger & better than before.  Stay tuned...!