Valued Contributor

Re: H199995 Valerie set/3 mercury glass spheres

I took the plunge and ordered my first set of spheres in pink. I hope I don't want all the other colors now!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello Rosehill,

I'm going to be another enabler...but, I think you should go ahead and order the pink spheres. I don't think you will be sorry. I have had them in our pink and white shabby chic bedroom and I'm really enjoying them. Go ahead and take the plunge. I think you will really enjoy them and I have a feeling they will sell out when presented.

Hello Tissyanne,

Have you received yours yet ? I think you are spot on...about the pricing.

Hello Kelliluvspippi,

I'm really excited for you to receive yours tomorrow. Let me know what you think. I've been wondering when yours were going to arrive {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} .

Hello JPC,

So good to see you, hope you are doing well. I was looking at some new JS pieces coming out in July and I thought of you {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Hi BobbyK,

I am doing fine, just kinda lost some of my get up and go. Think that might have to do with the winter. Am so ready for spring. I am trying to get some quilting projects caught up but haven't made much progress in that dept either. Just kinda spinning my wheels.

I checked out a few of JS's 2014 releases or preorders and so far haven't found a whole lot that sent me over the edge, which is good. I didn't even get out all my snowmen this year. Still have enough out to enjoy but didn't feel like getting them all out.

Hope you are having good days BobbyK and are keeping yourself out of trouble. I have been a pretty good girl except for buying a vintage quilt top off ebay the other day. I will take it to my hand quilting group and we will finish it up. Have my eye on another that I want really bad. Hope they don't get the price to high. I can usually stop bidding when it gets too high but this one is right there in the back of my mind all the time so who knows if I will be able to cut myself off. I hate loosing{#emotions_dlg.devil2} if I want something bad enough. We'll see.

Your shabby chic bedroom sound wonderful and I bet you do enjoy your pink spheres there.

Have a good afternoon BobbyK

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Rosehill said:

Tissyanne, I have been following the thread on how your bedroom is decorated, and the pink will be sooo beautiful there. Dionline, I bet your sister loves her sets-your neighbors front garden sounds lovely with the two colors blended together-so nice you can look out and see them. Steveib, you are absolutely right about every color of these spheres eventually making it into the as is section. Believe me, I have thought about that option as well. JPC~ I have a feeling you are going to cave. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Mallemo, thank you for telling is that the spheres will be in the midnight show. Do you think you will be able to remain strong? Kelli- I bet you cannot wait until tomorrow when your pink spheres will arrive!

Don't think I will weaken on those spheres Rosehill, but I have caved before when I told myself I didn't need anything. I had ordered a set of the brown at Xmas time but sent them back. One of the battery covers didn't close good and the painting on one was so very bad. Kinda felt rough on the outside and just didn't light up good. Brown was a pretty color though.

Have a good one Rosehill and you have my permission to go ahead and order the pink ones. I am sure you will love them . I would hate for you to miss out on the pink. I am sure they didn't bring in as many in that color.

JPC

Super Contributor

Hello JPC,

As my dear mother used to say..."Your get up and go, got up and went".

That's exactly how I've been feeling too. I just take one day at a time. It sounds like you are definitely staying out of trouble in the Jim SHore dept. I'm always weak for his new Disney pieces. He is coming out with some "Frozen" pieces that I would really like to get. We'll see....The one character I'm really looking for , he hasn't done yet.

It looks like you are staying out of trouble in that dept...but, in the quilt dept...looks like you are getting yourself in a lot of trouble {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. But, I think I see a quilt top in your future. I do hope you win the auction...if you love it that much. I wouldn't give up. I know how that bidding goes on there. When you want something bad enough you just keep bidding. I hate getting into bidding wars. So I hope it doesn't get too crazy and you are able to get that second quilt top. You must have the patience of a saint, JPC...as quilting takes much patience. Keeping fingers crossed that you win that auction.

I wish you could send some of that cold weather and snow to California. We never even had a winter and its already so warm here we are having to use the A/C. I just don't understand how so much of the country can be covered with snow and we never had a winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you win that auction. I think about you often and wonder how you're doing ....I hope you and Mr. Crazy are having a peaceful Sunday. Take care, JPC my friend.

Super Contributor

On 2/16/2014 mallemo said:

I took the plunge and ordered my first set of spheres in pink. I hope I don't want all the other colors now!

Hello Mallemo....

I'm so glad you took the plunge. I think you will really love the pink spheres. And yes...they are just kind of like those potato chips.....you can't have just one. They are really pretty and I love them even when they are not lit. So glad you decided to take the plunge...now if we could just get Rosehill to do the same.

Valued Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Bobby K said:
On 2/16/2014 mallemo said:

Hello Mallemo....

I'm so glad you took the plunge. I think you will really love the pink spheres. And yes...they are just kind of like those potato chips.....you can't have just one. They are really pretty and I love them even when they are not lit. So glad you decided to take the plunge...now if we could just get Rosehill to do the same.

I'm betting she will in the next day or two!

Esteemed Contributor

Stevieb, I think I've seen every mercury glass item EXCEPT for the very one I want most, the pedestals H200926, show up As Is. Just my luck! Seeing that the pedestals' featured price jumped $5 since last Fall when they first sold out, I'm so tempted to wait it out and hope they show up As Is this go around. It makes no sense that they didn't before, so it's anyone's guess how that will play out this time. I'm torn! LOL! One thing I am certain of is that I am NOT Q's ideal customer, since the majority of my purchases over the last year or so have been either As Is or Lunchtime Specials.
Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2014 SHOPR said: Stevieb, I think I've seen every mercury glass item EXCEPT for the very one I want most, the pedestals H200926, show up As Is. Just my luck! Seeing that the pedestals' featured price jumped $5 since last Fall when they first sold out, I'm so tempted to wait it out and hope they show up As Is this go around. It makes no sense that they didn't before, so it's anyone's guess how that will play out this time. I'm torn! LOL! One thing I am certain of is that I am NOT Q's ideal customer, since the majority of my purchases over the last year or so have been either As Is or Lunchtime Specials.

Wink

It pays to check those sections! You can get great stuff at better prices and although you still pay shipping, the savings usually more than covers it! I'll keep an eye out too for your pedestals.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...