Respected Contributor

Re: Green Walls, Yellow Ceiling

No ! just No ! I don't even wear anything yellow

Valued Contributor

Reminds me of a home of an obsessed Packers fan LOL

Valued Contributor

I think it's fun, but one would get sick of that real fast. And when you get sick of that it's going to take multiple coats of paint to cover those colors, especially the ceiling. 

When I was a teen I painted my bedroom bright yellow. After I left for college my mom was painting the room again and again, trying to mask the yellow. I think it took her like four coats, and years later one could still see the yellow shining through the white. 

Respected Contributor

That green is a big no for me.  I love yellow ... but that intensity is just not my style.  I used a yellow called "Luminary Yellow" in my downstairs (bungalow with a walkout basement) and I love that.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born ...........I like it, I find white, beige, tan, etc walls totally boring and sterile looking.  Thats just my opinion tho.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I do like the green.  I would like the room better if the yellow was changed to the color of the mantle...DW

Honored Contributor

This space doesn't appeal to me at all.

Honored Contributor

Though I'd probably never do a bright yellow ceiling myself, there's something very pleasing to the eye about this cozy, pretty room.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like green and yellow, but I wouldn't use them as paint colors in the same room. I use mostly neutral wall colors and white ceilings in my home. I add color in furnishings and accessories. 

I have both green & yellow in my sunroom. My pillows, throws, and a small glass table with 2 chairs are a mix of green and yellow. The floor tile is a light neutral color with floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides, and a brick wall on the other side. The childhood bedroom my sisters and I shared had cheery sunshine yellow walls with green, yellow, & white floral bedspreads. I liked that too. 

Honored Contributor

I think it’s beautiful, and I love that green!

I probably wouldn’t do the yellow ceiling.

I must be an oddball because half of our rooms are a soft butter yellow and it’s lovely.