Valued Contributor

When you look thru the available houses for sale you see that this kitchen is an upgrade from those in homes for sale.  While I could not live with this for years it is nice to see something other than gray and white.  The chairs are bad.

Trusted Contributor

Blech! Hideous!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness......it hurts my eyes!!

Honored Contributor

Terrible! I was a teenager in the 70's and hated it then.

Respected Contributor

There's green and then there's GREEN!Woman Surprised

I'd need sunglasses before I turned on the coffee in the morning.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely awful! I couldn't face that in the morning!

Honored Contributor

Too 70's. Hope designers don't start showing those colors!

Honored Contributor

Oh my!! the print on those chairs---my mom had a swivel rocker with that exact stripe only in browns---- for YEARS!!! It was really a comfy chair and am sure it was never cleaned--got it in the 70's--- no that green is too much--------

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Enufstuff wrote:

Too 70's. In my first house, I actually had an avocado green shag

rug in the TV room with brown leather furniture. In the living room we had a gold shag rug and white and gold cut velvet furniture in the then popular Mediterranean style. We were very young and wanted what was considered stylish at the time. I was

19 when we bought our first house. I would not want avocado green or harvest gold today. Now it's oriental rugs and antique furniture.

In 1969,  we moved into our new home. My Mother decorated it Mediterranean style furniture,  textured walls ,  Spanish wood  ceiling beams  Harvest  gold appliances , brown ornate cabinets . Seems to me she had chair upholstery that was striped similar to this picture.  I laugh when I see the avocado green or Harvest gold  appliances .

When I married in 1968 I registered for gifts in the popular Italian Provencial style which was just a little less ornate than Mediterranean. Built first home in 1970, all green and gold except for family room in rust and black - Spanish style I guess. Black leather sofa, velvet chairs, dark paneling, rust shag area rug, huge round brazier table and black iron lamps. Oh yeah, also had those rust colored fish net looking draw drapes!  Harvest gold appliances, avocado plush carpeting, heavy green tie-back drapes. Shag carpet in bedrooms, one in blue, one in yellow, one in red white & blue!  Foil wallpaper in bathrooms......remember foil wallpaper?  What can I say......that was the style back then. 

Funny thing is, 50+ years have passed, but I'm still pretty much a green and gold person although now I favor soft greens like sage and jade, soft yellows, with some pretty blues and corals down here in South. And I like lots of white. I love seeing homes done in the trendy beige and gray shades, but it's just not for me. 

Honored Contributor

I usually like odd/different things and colors, but I dont like this kitchen at all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)