Honored Contributor

I saw this in a magazine.  You take (fabric looked like rayon or cotton blend) and it looked like a throw with long fringe & a pattern like paisley.

In the center of the table situate it so it hangs over the table mid way.  Then take a solid color throw with fringe and place some of it under the pattern throw and also spread out a little and let hang but not as much.  This was done on a long, oblong wood dining table.  Candelabras or two or three candle holders could be  situated in the middle. perhaps a decorative small bowl.  You will have to use your imagination but it really is a great idea or I think so.  You leave it like this and you can probably use place mats if you decided to entertain on the table.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Great Idea for Dining Table

What a fun, creative way to change the look.  It would be great for any holiday or themed dinner.  I’m going to try it, thanks for posting

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow that's a really great way to design your table. I never would have thought of that. I love trying new design techniques. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it!

Respected Contributor

I saw something similar in the Pottery Barn catalog. Not my everyday style but a pretty look.