Esteemed Contributor

I just got a new gray sofa with a charcoal recliner that I love so this room speaks to me. I don't care for the door, It looks out of place but love the rest of this LR.I'd go with a door in ivory or possibly white.  I might like it in black but feel it would be too dark and dramatic.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

The door is the only thing I like in the whole room.  It has warmth and life, and seems so alone.

Honored Contributor

Way too much grey. I don’t really use greys in my home decor - prefer more warmth. I like the wooden door but not with the grey of that room. 

Respected Contributor

The room looks like Dracula lives there.

Respected Contributor

i would like to see the door painted red or black.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I find the gray too dark. I would suggest painting the room Benjamin Moore’s Edgecomb Gray which is one of the more popular griege shades. It is lighter and warmer and can lean more beige or gray depending upon the furnishings, accessories and light in the room. I think the natural wood door would would work very well with it.

Honored Contributor

The door doesn't bother me as much as all the gray.  I am not a gray fan for wall colorings or furnishings so therefore the door is fine but not with the grays.

Honored Contributor

Dull and depressing comes to mind.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the room.  The gray is way too dark and the door doesn't go w/the rest of the room at all.

Respected Contributor

OMG no! This whole thing is awful. DREARY!!!

(Ugly door anyhow... needs a good paint job to cover it up.)

-Texas Hill Country-