Honored Contributor

Re: Grateful for Harry Slatkin's Return to QVC

Thanks @littleone2. I'm getting the apple.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching him too @littleone2

I am sooooo tempted to buy the ice cream cone or the sundae candles.

Come on Harry, give some free s&h.

Frequent Contributor

threecees, I know what you mean about the free shipping and handling.  It makes a difference and sometimes it is enough to push us over the edge.  I'm glad you are enjoying Harry's presentations.  I hope QVC continues to air Harry and his creations.  He brings a wonderful diversification to their lineup of offerings.  

Despite doing a cutback on my budget, I broke down and ordered not only the TSV (autodelivery) but also the delicious looking ice cream sundaes.  I would have loved the ice cream cones too as delightful giftables, however, I had to stop somewhere!

Enjoy the rest of the presentations that you are able to catch, and thanks for commenting! Hugs!

Frequent Contributor

auntg,

I think you will be pleased you took the plunge!  They really are darling and multi-functional.  When I look at the items of his in my home that I've purchased, I always smile.  I hope you'll feel the same when you get it home.  Hugs!!!

Frequent Contributor

mominohio,

Thanks for your comments. I think the manufacturing process is difficult to control sometimes as specifications don't always get carried out exactly.  I think Harry is very receptive to the comments that have been made, and am glad you are willing to give his candles another try.  He does use ozone friendly oils and perfumes in his candles.  He is a master at combining scents.  I thought I had read somewhere that the hand painted containers were made in China and the candles were poured in Vietnam, but I could be mistaken.  The description simply reads "imported". Hugs!

Goldensrbest, so happy you were willing to give Harry's candles another try and were well pleased.  They burn so clean, and smell so wonderful!!!  Have a great day. Hugs!

Honored Contributor

The moment I saw the TSV banner I thought "oh please let there be a peach. I'm SO THERE if peach is offered!!" and it is!!!

I ordered it before I looked at anything about it, lol. The only scents I burn in my house come Spring/Summer: Peach, Honeysuckle or Plumeria. That's it. For some reasons, theses are HARD scents to find.

Peach is mine. Maybe I'll order another one just for the inserts, lol and give the holder as a gift (with a different scent inside). I have a little place in kitchen/dining area that is perfect for this item. I have many of his older ceramic items and bring them out as the seasons warrant; FANTASTIC quality. 

Enjoy, everyone!

Honored Contributor

I like his personality.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

I love his personality too.  The TSV presentation with Carolyn which such ended was especially moving ...... he speaks from the heart.  To touch one heart, touch one life!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@littleone2 wrote:

mominohio,

Thanks for your comments. I think the manufacturing process is difficult to control sometimes as specifications don't always get carried out exactly.  I think Harry is very receptive to the comments that have been made, and am glad you are willing to give his candles another try.  He does use ozone friendly oils and perfumes in his candles.  He is a master at combining scents.  I thought I had read somewhere that the hand painted containers were made in China and the candles were poured in Vietnam, but I could be mistaken.  The description simply reads "imported". Hugs!

Goldensrbest, so happy you were willing to give Harry's candles another try and were well pleased.  They burn so clean, and smell so wonderful!!!  Have a great day. Hugs!

@littleone2, I think manufacturers are slacking on some of the QVC lines, and that QVC is greatly slacking in follow-up or quality control. 

I have watched with interest both Harry with Homeworx and Catherine Zeta-Jones with her new home line here on QVC, Casa Zeta-Jones, and they both seem genuinely enthusiastic about and proud of their product lines. It is a shame that both have received such mixed reviews from the start due to what seems to primarily be inconsistent quality.

Having experienced in the Homeworx line great burning highly scented candles, but also a very poor quality ceramic gingerbread house, in addition to having read tons of Homeworx reviews that could not be more opposing--many saying zero scent while many others saying heavy scent--I am left believing that there is some serious inconsistency occurring in the manufacturing process.  I hope that Harry and QVC can get the kinks worked out and have success with this line.  I'm ordering the strawberry TSV today with fingers crossed.

Just a quick note to explain that it took ordering three comforters and coverlets to finally get a good one from the Casa Zeta-Jones line.  Way too many manufacturing defects happening.  Some of her designs are lovely in my opinion, and that is why I kept re-ordering, in hopes of getting one satisfactory bed covering to enjoy.   

My point I suppose is that I appreciate the design behind certain products (Harry and CZJ) and I want to support these vendors, but only if the quality is there.  Hoping for the best with both lines. 

Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hi Shopr,

Thank you for your input.  It is always good to hear what others are experiencing.  I, too, hope that Harry's new line, Homeworx, and that the Casa Zeta-Jones lines are able to succeed at QVC.  I feel they have so much to offer, and it is a pleasure to watch both Harry and Catherine.

When I had the gift shop, I unpacked 30 $400 dolls that came into the shop and 9 arrived decapitated.  The packaging from overseas was slicing down on the doll's neck and breaking it. Sometimes things come to market before the "final" element is checked and there are so many things that do come into play.  I am pleased that you were persistent to keep reordering the comforter you loved from the Casa Zeta-Jones line until you received a perfect one.  We are fortunate to have Catherine and Harry as designers appearing on QVC.  I feel they genuinely care about their collectors/customers and want us to receive items which reflect their standards.

I hope you love your Strawberry basket.  (I have that one on order too, love, love, love,  Please post and let us know how you like it!

Hugs!