Super Contributor

Re: Got a call from my husband today...

On 10/3/2014 VAbelle said:

$400 !!

Would love to know the height measurement of that tree ... if you have cathedral ceilings, then perhaps. But for a seasonal item, that cost is excessive regardless. But I'm frugal.

I think our Govenor spent 380.00 on his Tree last year. But again I am in Tx so ???

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 ctinaw said:

Do you ladies have shopping friendly husbands? Or do you have to hide your purchases? The only time I got in big trouble was when I purchased one of the fireplaces! That was almost really bad - but I got to keep it in the end Smiley Happy

Hide my purchases? ""Got in trouble?""

No and no. I know your OP is sort of joking but still.

Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

OP - Maybe you should try wording your post differently. It doesn't come across that your husband was teasing you. Not anywhere. And when you say you know you spend too much.... No where do you say in your original post that you and your husband both spend what you want and there aren't any issues. So if some of us didn't find it funny, then really it's your fault for wording it the way you did.

Yeah OP. What part of it's your fault don't you understand? lol

Super Contributor

I truly thought from the post HEADING she was going to disclose that Her DH was in the service, or worse been exposed to the Ebola --i opened it and saw this and what was so funny was the post on it not "NOT BEING CUTE " Heck it is a riot, I was laughing into the night at the serious NOT CUTE reply--hAAAAA...Now for her husband to call her that did mean he was letting her know she did receive a big box but he wanted to know what was in it. THAT I TAKE SERIOUS.

I know many Tx women who would not have thought a thing of ordering and telling their husband or SO so GO JUMP--which they usualy do.

Heck she got away with the fireplace..MY KINDA GIRL

Valued Contributor

On 10/3/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

OP - Maybe you should try wording your post differently. It doesn't come across that your husband was teasing you. Not anywhere. And when you say you know you spend too much.... No where do you say in your original post that you and your husband both spend what you want and there aren't any issues. So if some of us didn't find it funny, then really it's your fault for wording it the way you did.

Oh girl you really called me out! I am so ashamed. I'm going to dwell on it all weekend - while staring at my $400 tree.

Valued Contributor

On 10/3/2014 MJ 12 said:

Do you ladies have shopping friendly husbands? Or do you have to hide your purchases? The only time I got in big trouble was when I purchased one of the fireplaces! That was almost really bad - but I got to keep it in the end Smiley Happy

Again - this was a light hearted tongue in cheek post. People seem to take things very literally here.

Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 ctinaw said:
On 10/3/2014 MJ 12 said:

Again - this was a light hearted tongue in cheek post. People seem to take things very literally here.

I did not take it serious at all. I knew just what you ment and wanting reply? I was again stunned by the anger of a few. The women I know would beat any man with a Christmas tree if he were to say one word...This is still my fav post to date.

Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 ctinaw said:
On 10/3/2014 MJ 12 said:

OK I apologize. Hope you enjoy the tree!

Super Contributor

I just hope you and your husband enjoy this tree for many, many years to come Smiley Happy.