Respected Contributor

Fridge With Outer See Through Door - Like?

I saw an LG that I like the looks of. If anyone has this style do you like it? Would you buy again?

Also does anyone have an LG fridge? Do they hold up?

Respected Contributor

Re: Fridge With Outer See Through Door - Like?

Sadly,  in this day and age,  my thought is that it is just more stuff to go wrong!  You have to really think about all the moving parts and electronics.  I almost feel that the fewer the better.  These companies can't even make a basic frig to last more than a few years without issues.....  I personally would run the opposite direction.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Sadly,  in this day and age,  my thought is that it is just more stuff to go wrong!  You have to really think about all the moving parts and electronics.  I almost feel that the fewer the better.  These companies can't even make a basic frig to last more than a few years without issues.....  I personally would run the opposite direction.

I completely agree.  The Samsung that had the iPad on it was amazing, but I could just see it breaking down.  Of course my friend bought a basic fridge with no bells and whistles and  had the repair man out the first year she had it. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't own one, but I can't imagine needing to keep my refrigerator neat and clean at all times.

Respected Contributor

Fridge reviews I’ve read so far are either mixed or negative. Flimsy plastic, cracking shelves, misaligned doors, leaky water dispensers and on and on. Oh for the good old days of reliable and well made products. 

When I was growing up, we had simple fridges with manual defrosting and not a one of them broke. Ever.

Respected Contributor

@cerb wrote:

I don't own one, but I can't imagine needing to keep my refrigerator neat and clean at all times.

@cerb, It’s not the whole door - about halfway and looks like a window - but I see your point. Of course the pictures show everything all neat and pristine.

Valued Contributor

I have never owned a LG appliance but work with a couple of people who did and had nothing but problems with them. One had just a fridge and the other had a fridge & oven. But someone else may have them and never have a problem. I think buying an appliance these days is a cr*p shoot. I have had brands that I have used for years and nothing happens, but then the next one I buy may only last a few years.

cookin

Respected Contributor

I have an LG and have good luck with it. A window not for me. It is personal preferance.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

When I was growing up, we had simple fridges with manual defrosting and not a one of them broke. Ever.

It was called Fridgidaire I believe.  My brother inherited my parents Fridgidaire 3 yrs ago when my mother moved.  They had that thing prior to me being born.  I am in my 68th yr. faint.gif

Growing up, my father kept his beer & ice cream in that thing.  Now my brother keeps his beer in that thing.  He only defrosts the freezer when you can't see inside it.   It really amazes me that fridge is still ticking along.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at Fri, Jun 1, 2018-2.46.52 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

We bought an LG refrigerator from Lowes about a year ago.  One of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had!  

There were problems from day one and lots of visits from the repairman.  i was finally able to talk to the manager of Lowes, who said that probably 90% of all complaints concerning appliances were about the LG brand.  

Once the repairman was was finally able to get the refrigerator working properly, we have been happy with it.  That said, knowing now what I do about the brand, I wouldn’t buy another LG product.