Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have any photos or pics they'd like to share?  I've browsed through so many I've lost tract of what I like or want.  Any recommendations or experiences you'd like to share? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: Foyer Light/Hanging Pendant

I'm sure you've thought of this, but make sure that you measure exactly how low the light can hang in the foyer before it becomes a problem.  I was going to get a hanging light but realized that when the door opens there wasn't enough clearance.  I have to measure carefully before I buy a light for that area.  As such, I've left the rather uninspiring original fixture there.  I have a tiny house and front foyer, though.

Honored Contributor

When we got married in 1983 my Grandpa bought us a beautiful chandelier for our entry, which was 1 1/2 stories high. It was the ones that were popular at that time with the glass sides - ours has flowers etched in the glass - and it hung behind a beautiful high window and looked great from outside. Of course the new owners took it down and hung something more current, but I loved that beautiful light.I loved when I'd get home from work on a cold night , all tired out, and DH had that light on to greet me, and light the staircase.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

When we got married in 1983 my Grandpa bought us a beautiful chandelier for our entry, which was 1 1/2 stories high. It was the ones that were popular at that time with the glass sides - ours has flowers etched in the glass - and it hung behind a beautiful high window and looked great from outside. Of course the new owners took it down and hung something more current, but I loved that beautiful light.I loved when I'd get home from work on a cold night , all tired out, and DH had that light on to greet me, and light the staircase.

Your 'mind's eye' hasn't forgotten that light...keep it glowing in memory and heart💕

Honored Contributor

At Christmas we would buy a huge wreath to hang around the outside of that octagon shaped window and put just a big red velvet bow on it . Light the chandelier behind it - and a spotlight on it from outside.

Honored Contributor

I'm a really big fan of the craftsman style. I especially like the simple, art deco designs of this genre.

10-Pendant-Lights.jpg

Honored Contributor

RS-03ML-N6955-267B.jpg

Honored Contributor

P1171858-list.jpg

Honored Contributor

craftsman-entry.jpg

Honored Contributor