Honored Contributor

For Those With TV Above Fireplace

Hide your TV behind a piece of art.

Honored Contributor

Re: For Those With TV Above Fireplace

Here's another one

Keep your mantel simple and minimalist with just a pair of sconces on either side of your TV.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally am not a fan of tvs above fireplaces...just distracting to me...I want to sit and watch a fire without the electronics there, and vice versa.

That said, if you are a fan of having tv above fireplace, these ideas are nice. My friend has something actually on the tv screen itself, "artwork" they can change at will...a picture that remains on the turned off tv, that looks like a beautiful painting. I thought it was a painting, until she told me, "that's the tv!"

Honored Contributor

Big no for me, concealed or not. Don't want a TV at that height and don't want the two juxtaposed next to each other. I love a fireplace and while a TV is a virtual necessity, the two don't complement each other in my view.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The first photo is a clever disguise, but I'd never put a TV above my fireplace, unless I was short of space for placement elsewhere.  The fireplace, itself, should be the star.

Regular Contributor

Ended up with serious neck pain. I guess I watch too much tv to have it that high.

Honored Contributor

For myself, I prefer watching tv at eye level. It's too uncomfortable to watch so high on the wall.

Honored Contributor

I like the first one.  Clever idea.  IMO if the room is large enough and the seating is far enough back, I don't see the problem with the TV being a little too high.  And since the TV for us would be on a lot more than the fireplace, I don't see them competing with each other.

Honored Contributor

It depends on how big the tv is and how far away from the tv the furniture is.  Some rooms, it's not an issue at all, some it is. 

Honored Contributor

The second photo is pretty much where our tv is. We have a pretty small house and using the space above our fireplace is the only place to put our tv. No, it is NOT uncomforable watching tv "that high". No problems whatsoever and our tv is a 65"!

"Pure Michigan"