Honored Contributor

I have poly fleece sheets from QVC and Costco.  Some of them pill and some of them are still blissfully soft and smooth.  I'm coming to the conclusion I must be doing something wrong.  I just wash in cold water with no fabric softener.  

Honored Contributor

I bought some from HSN...warm and cozy brand.  I gifted them to my son because he wanted some warm sheets.

He said they pilled and left large tuffs of fabric link all over his bedroom floor.  They were turquoise.  I told him to wash them a few times more and it would stop.

But, they never did.  He dryer was always full with lint and he had turquoise bunnies everywhere and he woke up with fuzzies all over himself.

I felt bad and told him to just throw them out.

I don't think it is you.  Some of those sheets are just junk.  I have had throws that got pills and matted too.  I wash everything in cold water and I dried the throws on cool.

I stick to 100% cotton.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass   I can shed some limited light on this.

I read quite a while ago that pilling, breathability, and other characteristics are affected by whether the fibers are woven or knitted.

Unfortunately I forget which causes what because of the variables in the fiber itself.

But I'll compare my soft fuzzy warm blankets to your poly fleece sheets.

One short nap blanket makes me sweaty in 10 minutes, one long nap blanket never does because it breathes. Both 100% polyester.

But these two never pill, while my original Fluffie, also 100% polyester, is a magnet for cotton-lint pills.

So it's the construction of the fiber, and then whether they knit or weave it. You're doing nothing wrong in laundering.

Honored Contributor

@depglass Flannel sheets have a tendency to pill.  I don't think it is you, I've had the same experience with different brands and lots of reviews reflect the same problem.

I'm looking for flannel thick warm cozy 100% cotton sheets for the RV....did some research and LLBean kept coming up with highly rated flannel sheets.  I checked and the twin size are $100,  I'll wait till they go on sale.  

Honored Contributor

My fleece sheets are made by Malden Mills, I've had and washed for years, but never have had any piling.

I had another set  of fleece sheets from JCPenney (not sure of the brand) and they were 'pill city' from the get go.

They quickly became the dog bed blankie in winter.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Go with flannel, bought cuddl duds flannel sheets at kohls, love them,by the way cotton.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Look for the ones made in Portugal

Respected Contributor

All my fleece sheets tend to pill. I can tell because both sets are blue and the blue fuzz ends up in my hairbrush from sleeping on them.. That's how much they tend to pill up but I love them in the winter so I put up with it. Never found a fleece set that didn't do this.