Super Contributor

Can anyone recommend a decent brand? Someone on another thread said she found some on Amazon that she was happy with but never mentioned a name or seller. 

I have no flamless tapers and have just recently started using Luminara candles but the tapers don't get great reviews.

Thnx, Chris

Honored Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent brand? Someone on another thread said she found some on Amazon that she was happy with but never mentioned a name or seller. 

I have no flamless tapers and have just recently started using Luminara candles but the tapers don't get great reviews.

Thnx, Chris

@ChrissyKRThe Mirage and Luminara have that flat 'wick' that is very unattractive from the side  so not good for dining table where you would most often use tapers. I have both of these brands in tapers.  I would look for some that the 'wick' is not that flat piece of plastic. I've seen some B/O candles at Walmart and other stores that look better to me and they are cheap. You just twist the bottom to turn on and off, not sure if available with timer or not.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flamless tapers

[ Edited ]

I have the Luminara ones that were sold here.  I like them.  They're called window candles, but they're on my table.

H209941

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I have the Candle Impressions Mirage version of the tapers, they sold them here last year in sets of 4, and while I don't remember the price, they were significantly less that the Luminara version.

They  only came in one size as I recall, and I got the ivory (can't remember if there were other colors).

I was pleased with them for what they are. Good battery life, and nice flame effect. Reasonably priced.

These aren't my favorite for use on the dining table, as they do look fake up close, but I like them in the windows in the VPH metal holders, and in other areas too.

I'm not a fan of the tapers with the fake bulb things on them either, for the dining table. I guess I'm old fashioned, and while I have used flameless on the dining table, nothing looks quite right except real candles to me, when people will be sitting there and close up.

Trusted Contributor

Amazon sells a brand called Mystique.  Their tapers come in various sizes and colors, and the candles' flames are similar to Luminara. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ChrissyKR We have both Luminara and MIrage. We like both. The flicker of the Luminara is better than the Mirage, but the Marage flame is a warmer glow. Battery life in the Mirage is great - Luminara, not as much. They both have the white flame shaped tamplate that is visable during the day, but it doesn't bother us because we have them for how they look in the dark. We have them on our dining room table, on a sofa table, in sconces above our mantle, etc. They have fit all the canndle holders so far, and we have everything from Waterford to ceramic to 18th century candle holders.