Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Bath Towel Brand

[ Edited ]

I don't have a favorite brand. But I've gotten my best towels always at Marshalls and HomeGoods. Using a new set now from Marshall's I bought before pandemic...beautiful, soft, absorbent, pretty, wash well. I could get the name if you wanted, because my second set still has the tags on it.

As I was decluttering the other day, I found another beautiful set I bought at HomeGoods buried at the bottom of my stash I'd forgotten about...beautiful also. Btw...price for the set of bath, hand, washcloth, $25.00. I know now at these stores they don't have the inventory they used to or the nice options, but never know.

As opposed to some Liz Claiborne ones I bought on clearance on Q a few years back. They're ok, but rougher after they were washed. Still substantial and nice, but not as nice as towels I've gotten at Marshalls. 

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife  after spending big $$$ on towels and sheets, I discovered Sam's club.  Inexpensive, thick, soft....just good quality at a surprising price point.  

Honored Contributor

I love the Liz Claiborne towels from Macy's. They are so plush and soft.  I wait until there's a sale because they're normally $30 a piece. 

Trusted Contributor

Charisma luxury towels from Costco. !00% hygro cotton. 

Honored Contributor

At Kohl's - Sonoma Goods For Life Ultimate Bath Towel

At Sam's - Their Hotel Premier Collection.  Excellent quality and price, but limited colors.  They're also doing Martha Stewart now, but I haven't tried those.

Those are the only two brands I buy and they both hold up very well.  The Sam's Club towels are literally heavier in weight.

Super Contributor

About 8 years ago a friend gave me a set of Lenox bath towels from Boscov's.  They must have been discontinued because I can't find them anywhere.  So soft, hold up and nice size.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a ton of towels from Garnet Hill when we built this house 3 years ago.

Organic cotton and what I like is they don't have that embroidered/embossed thick seam or band or whatever it is a few inches off the hem of the towel.

It's just a soft towel.  Period.

I went overboard actually and bought 20 towels, knowing we would have lots of company.   I bought them in 4 different colors and my husband and I always use the sea glass green and the blue have been used for family and the white for *company*.  I still haven't used half of them as they are still in plastic.

They are terry towels on one side and smooth on the other.  So you can dry off and use the smooth side for your hair.

Just looked and obviously they are discontinued.  

BOO!

Honored Contributor

@Neetgal2 wrote:

About 8 years ago a friend gave me a set of Lenox bath towels from Boscov's.  They must have been discontinued because I can't find them anywhere.  So soft, hold up and nice size.

I love Boscov's!

Esteemed Contributor

Tommy Hilfiger  ...all cotton...Macys

Honored Contributor

I have towels from Pottery Barn that are Hydrocotton (quick dry) and then I have towels from Target by Nate Berkus.  I don't like heavy towels and they cost more but who wants to hold up a heavy towel?  Not me.

kindness is strength