Honored Contributor

Has anyone used NELLIE’S LAUNDRY SODA

Has anyone used Nellie's washing soda for washing machines. I purchased a 250 wash loads buckets from HSN.

I just used it once (for 1 load today).

What are your thoughts about Nellie's?? Does the soda wash powder keep white white and such??

It says 1 TBLSPOON for 1 regular size load of wash. I have a large front loader washer so sometimes my loads are larger than normal so do you increase the 1 TBlspoon to 2 TBspoons or just keep to 1 TBlspoon per load no matter if it is HUGE load or a small load.

Any thoughts on Nellie's would surely appreciate any insight you guys have

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone used NELLIE’S LAUNDRY SODA

I purchased this from HSN, also the large bucket.  I love this stuff.  I have used it for a few years now.  My clothes come out spotless.  I particularly like Nellie's as it does not have any artificial additives or chemicals and most important, no animal testing.  This is the only detergent I will ever use.  It comes with the spoon inside and one scoop, on a top loading washer, is all you need.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Have had the 500 wash bucket on auto ship for years now, $49.95 total. Wouldn't still be using it if it didn't work. Whatever the BIG NAME liquids and powders claim they do, Nellie's does it as well, and with no soap residue.

We order it as we need it, and with now only 4 felines and our dog, Lily, we use it a lot less. Used to give it to my late mother-in-law to use for her washing and she loved it.

That's my review and I am stickin with it. How I got to this forum  was by accident, but when I read Nellie's Laundry Soda, here I be! Don't think in my many years here I have posted on this forum. But my #1 post is an honest one from years of my experience with this topic.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think it is great you are sensitive to detergents and need a product that does not irritate. I found it just o.k. nothing special. I didn't  find it particularly whitening. I noticed my small town local Supermarket carries it.  It  saves space as don't need all the containers to store and dispose of. I dont really have heavily soiled clothing either so don't need a heavy duty detergent.

Every detergent seems to recommend more for large or heavily soiled clothes. I would double. You can tell also do based on your water you use  hardness or softness and temperature etc.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Nellie's exclusively for several years. Use 1 tablespoon per normal size load and increase that to 2 or 3 tbs for larger loads or if you have heavily soiled laundry. I wash everything with cold water. The powder dissolves easily in cold water and that saves money. No need to do a double rinse either. Nellie's rinses out very well. You still need to treat stains and whiten with bleach or non-.bleach. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I am currently using Nellie's.  I have been using it since September 2020 on the recommendation of some QVC posters.  I give it an excellent rating.  It gets my clothes very clean.  I have a top-loader washing machine.  I usually do a medium load and I use a small amount of Nellie's; not even a full scoop. In my dryer I use 6 of the dryer balls.  That way I do not use a liquid softener or dryer sheets.  The dryer balls seem to get my clothes soft and I rarely have any static cling (the worst is all polyester items, like liquid knit).   So, yes I like Nellie's.  In the past, I used the Beekman Happy Place laundry powder like this, but I think Nellie's does a better job.  Beekman's is okay though; I would use it again. 

Honored Contributor

Hello again

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.

I am on load 3 tonight, so far so good, rinses clean. Think I will order me another bucket from HSN. My whites seem to be coming out pretty clean.

I am impressed so far . I use those dryer balls too for dryer, it keeps the clothes from sticking together.

Trusted Contributor

nellies.PNG

Honored Contributor

THANKS A MILLION CAFFENIA

thanks for posting about size of scoops for larger laundry loads.

On sheet days, I have larger loads with blankets, and heavier bathrobes and such.

my husband helped me fold a load tonight and he said he noticed a difference in clothes, seemed cleaner.

Super Contributor

Thanks for asking about Nellie's...I've been wondering about it. I am so tired of my dark clothes coming out of the washer with white-ish streaks on them from the residue. I don't even fill the cap with half of the detergent and also give it a second rinse. I was wondering if Nellie's would solve this issue.