Valued Contributor

Re: Fall's Coming, Cozy and Rustic...

The fireplace/chimney is magnificent with the variation of the stone shade and shape.  I really like the richness of the leather chairs and floor which sort of get lost since everything else is so dark.  I mostly love this room!

Honored Contributor

beautiful and cozy!

Honored Contributor

Realy nice, I like everything about it. Wish I could go there for a fall get-away.

Esteemed Contributor

There is nothing that I enjoy more in the fall and winter months than to sit and just listen to the crackling of wood burning. Beautiful @stevieb   

Honored Contributor

It is nice - I'd like a lighter colored sofa.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I knew from the subject line, this would be a good one!

And, it fits our New England style to a tee.  These types of restaurants, etc. get quite the visitors during Fall - Winter.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast  I'd love to spend fall in New England. Maybe one day travel will be a reasonable option again, but I'm not feeling it right now. Fall is my favorite season and it can also be pretty here, though not like it is in New England. Regardless, I surely wish it would begin to cool down!! I've had more than enough summer weather!! 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Fall seems to be most people's favorite season.  With the beautiful fall colors, leaves falling (although some hate that!), bare trees, the introduction of "comfort foods" again, smell of wood smoke or leaves burning .. & on & on .. getting back into brisk walks.  There's so much to look forward to.  My only dislike are, of course you guessed it ... the shorter days!  Woman Mad

In your case, you should go by your comfort for travelling.  You wouldn't enjoy it otherwise.  I totally agree with you about the harsh summer, we had it here also with several 90+ deg. days, including very high humidity.  UGG!  I hope it gets cooler & more enjoyable for you soon.  

Respected Contributor

I love the 'cabin' but it's too brown for me. Change the decor and I'll take it.  That fireplace is spectacular.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

Fall seems to be most people's favorite season.  With the beautiful fall colors, leaves falling (although some hate that!), bare trees, the introduction of "comfort foods" again, smell of wood smoke or leaves burning .. & on & on .. getting back into brisk walks.  There's so much to look forward to.  My only dislike are, of course you guessed it ... the shorter days!  Woman Mad

In your case, you should go by your comfort for travelling.  You wouldn't enjoy it otherwise.  I totally agree with you about the harsh summer, we had it here also with several 90+ deg. days, including very high humidity.  UGG!  I hope it gets cooler & more enjoyable for you soon.  

@sceniccoast  All the seasons have something to offer but it seems the older I become, the less use I have for summer. Too hot, too humid, too long and the pool, beach and so on are the draws for me they used to be. Spring is fresh and pretty when it is, but is often unpredictable. Still, when the trees gain their new bright green leaves it is a bit of a stunner. I'm one of those rare birds who actually likes winter weather as long as it doesn't become over the top, but fall, for me, when it's cool, crisp and sunny with that beautiful fall light is the best. I enjoy the colors of fall but do understand that once the trees are bare it can be a bit of a downer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...