Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fall decorating question

@Oznell  your collection sounds wonderful. I like the art glass pumpkins, too. My sister sent me a really large one - two years ago now, right before she passed away. It is absolutely gorgeous. During the fall, I keep it on the bookcase and people who I'm on zoom calls with can see it behind me. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love fall, so therefore I decorate.  I put up decorations the first part of Sep and they stay up til after Thanksgiving when it's time for Christmas which I leave up all winter.  I don't put up a big tree anymore, so the decor doesn't look so Christmasy for winter.

I have two of Valerie's 3' snow covered, lighted "droopy" trees (can't think of what they're called) and they look very winterish that I keep up all winter.  And all my lanterns, finials, etc.

Then I decorate for Easter, spring and summer and the whole thing starts all over again Smiley Happy

I also decorate my front door for the seasons with a red, white, blue theme from Memorial day thru 9/11.  And of course my flag flies year round.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies! I love seeing the pretty decorations but I don’t do much myself. Unfortunately I don’t have good decorating sense and if I do try things, they end up looking tacky, Ha! Some people surely have the knack though and can do some beautiful things.

I have a set of Valerie’s beaded pumpkins I usually set out and a wreath and rug for the front porch, that might be all I put out this year.

Everyone enjoy their fall! 🍁
Honored Contributor

I change the garden flag seasonally, and that is it, except for a light touch at Christmas.  

When the kids were in elementary school, our house got decorated as soon as their teacher decorated the classroom.   I was so glad when that was no longer important to them!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother decorated our house for each season. She had a different tablecloth and centerpiece for the dining table for each season. She also had faux flower and greenery arrangements for each season in the living room, as well as a different wreath on the door for each season. 

I don't decorate my home that much except at Christmas.
I have continued mom's tradition of seasonal tablecloths and centerpieces in my home. I have a grapevine wreath in my sunroom that I put an autumn sprig in for the fall and winter berries at Christmas. I've been looking for a fall wreath for my front door, but I haven't found one I really like yet. 

Honored Contributor

The only decorating we did for Fall was the table on Thanksgiving: tablecloth, something around the candlesticks, something on the chandelier.

I don't remember Halloween decorations either.  We never had anything on our front door other than Christmas.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

What a meaningful gift from your late sister, @GinaV24 -- great idea to have it brightening up your zoom backdrops!

Honored Contributor

My family has always been into fall decorating.  Fall and Christmas are the biggies, but seasonal decorating was always something that was done.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I decorate for every season. I fill in little touches for St.Paddy's, Valentine etc. I love to decorate and by the time one holiday/season is over I am ready to move to the next one. I get tired of looking at the same stuff day in and day out.

@MG Chris   You sound like me......every season and the smaller holidays. I too get tired of looking at the decorations after a while and it is time to move on to the next season. Had my Americana decorations up since Memorial Day weekend, ready for Fall. 

Respected Contributor

Where I grew up (in the 70's and 80's), our neighborhood would be decorated for seasons/holidays.  Especially Christmas.  My Mom used to put plastic little Easter eggs hanging from fishing string on our tree in the front yard.  Something I used to do to.  When I lived in California, hardly anyone ever decorated for any reason.  Even Christmas.  Where I live now...back to decorating.  For all occassions.  Many opt to have a company put up lights and stuff for Christmas but that's too expensive for me.  Some started doing it for Halloween too.