Honored Contributor

FESTIVE NORTH CAROLINA HOUSE

"Flower" magazine showed how interior designer Jane Schwab welcomed Christmas at her house with greens and also the help of a talented floral designer:

Jane-Schwab_GateWreath_6006.jpg

Smilax festooning the entry mirror:

Jane-Schwab_FoyerHolidayDecor_5482.jpg

Apparently, smilax is sentimentally important to Jane Schwab as something she grew up with, and her sister brings her fresh bundles of it from their hometown.  I like the unorthodox way it is strewn:

Jane-Schwab_ChristmasTree_5306.jpg

In the family room, pine, holly and yew:  

Jane-Schwab_HolidayGreeneryArrangement5254.jpg

Did you already notice this lamb with his fresh wreath in the earlier entry hall photo?   He so captures my heart.  Hand-carved-- I wonder how old he is.

Jane-Schwab_HandCarvedLambFigurine_5501.jpg

Seeded eucalyptus wreaths with twisted ribbon on gilded Italian sconces in entry:

Jane-Schwab_HolidayWreath_5507.jpg

Imagine having a floral designer at your beck and call!  This  is Jay Lugibihl, and he sure does nice work.  The stag is vintage, hand-carved wood.

CharlotteFloralDesigner_JayLugibihl_5466.jpg

Amaryllis and smilax cascading from chandelier.

Jane-Schwab_AmaryllisChandelier5390.jpg

Magnolia, boxwood, yew and white tallow berry on the table.

Jane-Schwab5084_HolidayTableDecor.jpg

Cedar, mixed with tulips:

Jane-Schwab_SmallTulipArrangement_5268.jpg

I love the references to woodland deer, inside and out of the house.  Feels a bit like a fairy tale!

Jane-Schwab_ReindeerYardDecor6007.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: FESTIVE NORTH CAROLINA HOUSE

@Oznell  how fun to see these pictures - thank you!  i love those little shell salt dishes! what a find!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful home and pictures show it off perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

Very Pretty but not my style.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

That Christmas tree is absolutely perfect for that living room!  Gorgeous home.

Honored Contributor

This is stunning. It may not be for everyone or practical as far as longevity goes but I love it.

Can you imagine having a Florist who comes to your home weekly/daily to freshen up your arrangements...I can only dreamWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell : Not loving the use of greens and florals indoors in that house. IMO takes away from the STUNNING beauty of the details and furnishings, which are so my style. 

Interesting use of tulips with cedar. Would not have occurred to me, but an interesting juxtaposition of materials.

Valued Contributor

Such a beautiful home. Love the way it is decorated for Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

This is wonderful, @Oznell  

I am always in awe of the way designers and decorators use their ability to curate and edit to reach their desired end.  It's a real skill.

The home is truly comfort and joy brought to life.  (Those are my two favorite holiday words.)

I've been trying to find out what those three glasses with silvery rims and brown, cloudy insides are.  The online story doesn't say.  They look like glasses of a soft drink until you enlarge the image and see what looks like a silvery rim, or maybe even a whole silvery lid. They're on that lovely chest in the family room.

Candles?  

BTW, the tulip arrangement looks as if the vase might have once been a Nest candle.  I doubt she'd need to reuse anything, but the look is similar.  Maybe she's just practical enough!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Love absolutely everything about it, @Oznell -- especially those molded archways and the lamb (the Lamb of God, given the halo with the gold crosses). The smilax seems to relax the formality of the rooms a bit.  Perfect blend.