Valued Contributor

I really enjoyed the live show tonight with ED and hosted by Carolyn G. So glad Carolyn felt well enough to travel to CA to host the show in Ellen's studio.Carolyn really is such a great host and has a wonderful voice and way of presenting products. I din't buy anything but enjoyed listening to the banter.

Frequent Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I really enjoyed the live show tonight with ED and hosted by Carolyn G. So glad Carolyn felt well enough to travel to CA to host the show in Ellen's studio.Carolyn really is such a great host and has a wonderful voice and way of presenting products. I din't buy anything but enjoyed listening to the banter.

I agree wholeheartedly.   Carolyn is so sweet and has great humor.  I love the fact that she has such a love of animals too and seems to have quite a menagerie. 

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show, too.  I didn't buy anything, but the show was fun.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the show, too....it was fun and funny...wish all shows were like that....then I would watch more often...

Esteemed Contributor

I watched most of the show and found it entertaining for sure.  Ellen and Carolyn work well together and Ellen is so funny.  Not much in the line interests me, though. 

Contributor

Very funny show.  Very fun to watch.  I have quit watching Ellen's show because the constant screaming and clapping audience is too much.  Loved that last nights audience was restrained and didn't act like a bunch of children...

Esteemed Contributor

Must admit I'd have been acting giddy in the audience if I had been there.  How exciting it must have been to receive a $100 QVC gift card!  That was very generous, and I would have spent the whole thing on an ED purchase if I had been there.  I would love to have that 9-foot Christmas tree!

Honored Contributor

I hear (read actually) the same comments every time Ellen is on. Everyone  (myself included) love her, enjoy the fun of the show, but don't buy (or don't buy much). 

I have to wonder if the sales of her items will not be enough to sustain her staying on Q for very long. And just because things sell out, doesn't really mean they are selling a lot. They often only bring in a couple of thousand of any given item, and selling that out, with a big name like Ellen behind it, isn't really impressive enough to sustain her line.

I certainly hope she stays around, and I do like one or two things per show, but don't buy either. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I hear (read actually) the same comments every time Ellen is on. Everyone  (myself included) love her, enjoy the fun of the show, but don't buy (or don't buy much). 

I have to wonder if the sales of her items will not be enough to sustain her staying on Q for very long. And just because things sell out, doesn't really mean they are selling a lot. They often only bring in a couple of thousand of any given item, and selling that out, with a big name like Ellen behind it, isn't really impressive enough to sustain her line.

I certainly hope she stays around, and I do like one or two things per show, but don't buy either. 

I like Ellen also, but other than some flocked garlands that I bought last year and love, her style just isn't mine.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The problem is that the line rarely offers anything that we haven't seen before.  It's just variations on existing products, and often those variations are drab.  I think home decor shoppers on QVC are very savvy.  We shop here, because the offerings are unique. We want items that are not offerred in stores, or that our neighbors have, otherwise why would we pay for shipping and wait for the delivery person to show up?  When copies of those items, (i.e. another tree, blanket, candle, light string) are presented, it devalues the QVC experience.