Contributor

Don Asletts Microfiber mats

[ Edited ]

This is for all the people who are considering buying these mats or have already bought them.  I bought a couple for my kitchen.  They are very soft and very pretty BUT consider this!   I bought the large ones and realized you can't vacuum them.   So ok no problem, I'll just shake the dirt out of them and then wash them.  Not so fast.  Tried shaking them and no dirt came loose.  Now I know there was dirt in them from having door mats before.   Sooo   What happens is all the dirt which is in the mat gets thrown into your washer.   Now I know this can't be a good thing. For your other clothes or for the washing machine parts.   And who wants to put your good clothes in after washing one of these?   So basically I'm saying tons of dirt is now inside your washer.  Try shaking them you will see no dirt will shake loose.   So I am very unsatisfied with these but hesitate to spent the shipping to send them back.  And another thing is I washed one and the rubber backing has separated from the rest of the rug!  And that was on a easy care cycle.  Thanks for letting me vent.   Have a good day!  Smiley Happy  

What I'm saying is this microfiber holds on to the dirt so well that you can't shake it out of the rug.  And the only way to get the dirt out is to wash them. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Don Asletts Microfiber mats

Sorry about the problem with those mats.  If you still can, take the hit and send them back.  You and your clothes will be much happier.

This past weekend we replaced the Oriental carpet we had for many years in out kitchen.  It was thick and was originally cut down from 8 X 11:  two edges had the " hem " and DH cut out a section to fit around the island.  Homegoods has had the best selection over the years: runs around $ 299 - 399.  The current one was 9 X 12 which gives us a runner too.  

When end you price it out over the years, it is a great deal for us.  It is thick underfoot and can be vacuumed.  If you get a pattern, it will hide small drips.  I actually steam cleaned the last one.image.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

Thanks for your response!  Yes, I can still send them back and am thinking more on those lines!  

Char

Honored Contributor

Thanks @mynewnickname for posting this review.

I was considering them and wondered if they could be vacuumed. Does the presentation or description say not to?

The other solution would be take them to the laundromat to wash. Most of the laundromats here have a couple of washers set aside for rugs and the like.

I wouldn't want those in my washer either, if they couldn't be hit with some kind of vacuum on a regular basis. I have an idea that one could use the crevice tool or the upholstery brush on them, even if they aren't suited for the beater bar part of the sweeper.

Contributor

No where on the product or in the presentation  does it say anything about vacuuming them.  I tried  to vacuum them and it just sucked them up into the sweeper even on the highest setting..   They are going back!   Going to ask them to pay for shipping.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw those mats presented on Saturday and almost ordered the larger one.  That was until I read the reviews.  There was a review that said you couldn't vacuum it.  Usually one review doesn't do it for me, but this one struck a cord.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know anything about this product, but I was wondering if you can take them outside and hose them down before you put them in the washing machine.  Maybe that would get all that excess debris out of them and save your washer (?).     Just a thought that occurred to me, when I read your post.  Smiley Happy