Valued Contributor

Don Aslett microfiber mops ?

I have been curious about this for a while now. When using this mop, do you switch the pads out often when mopping a room? If not, aren’t you just pushing a dirty mop around the floor? I’m a pet owner, so I definitely am concerned about not just cleaning my floors, but killing germs. I fill my sink with hot water and vinegar and place all 5 of my mop pads into the solution. I then begin mopping and switch out the mop pads as they get dirty. How do you use the mop? Again, I’m just curious.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don Aslett microfiber mops ?

I usually use one mop head per room.  I bought some generic mop heads on Amazon and now have plenty to go with my assortment of mops.  

Respected Contributor

I do a section, take the pad off and run it under hot water. Get all of the water out, put back on mop and continue. When done, I put it in my washer machine with my dirty clothes. Love mine, had it for 18 years.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I do a section, take the pad off and run it under hot water. Get all of the water out, put back on mop and continue. When done, I put it in my washer machine with my dirty clothes. Love mine, had it for 18 years.

This is pretty much what I do too.  I fill my laundry tub with soap and water and wet the mop head.  Then I mop the “cleanest” parts of the floor first, leaving the dirtiest areas and bathrooms until last.  In between I swish the mophead in the soapy water, then rinse it out before starting a new section.  I use one mop head per cleaning, then wash in the machine.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   @Ladylaughsalot   @panda1234   @Snoopp   How long have you had your Don Aslett mops?  When reading reviews some of the people who haven't had them that long said the pole comes off when you pull it.  The people who have had it for years loved it.  I'm considering buying it and want to know if the new ones are made well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I use one mop head pad per room. I have GSD's,etc. so I don't want to transfer dirt from room to room or have steaks, etc. I purchaed extra mop pads so I can scrub floors for weeks before they all go in the washer.  

Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@geezerette   @Ladylaughsalot   @panda1234   @Snoopp   How long have you had your Don Aslett mops?  When reading reviews some of the people who haven't had them that long said the pole comes off when you pull it.  The people who have had it for years loved it.  I'm considering buying it and want to know if the new ones are made well.

NickNack, I have had my Don Aslett mop for well over ten years. It is the 2nd one I’ve owned. The first one I had broke (the flat portion that holds the pads) in half after owning it for quite a few years.  I feel I certainly got my money’s worth, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought a second one. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I hope you are not doing that in your sink.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

This is pretty much what I do too.  I fill my laundry tub with soap and water and wet the mop head.  Then I mop the “cleanest” parts of the floor first, leaving the dirtiest areas and bathrooms until last.  In between I swish the mophead in the soapy water, then rinse it out before starting a new section.  I use one mop head per cleaning, then wash in the machine.  

@geezerette  I just use water and it does a good job.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

I hope you are not doing that in your sink.

@goldensrbest   Yes, I am, is that a bad thing?