Respected Contributor

Re: Don Aslett microfiber mops ?

I do all his micro cloths & mop pads in special wash without softner & just use All free & air dry them. His products are good. I do have a Hoover floormate that I use a few times with scrubber brush to really do good cleaning. Mops are fine but times you got to really get in there.Sometimes I do get on my hands & knees into hard spaces & edges. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

I do a section, take the pad off and run it under hot water. Get all of the water out, put back on mop and continue. When done, I put it in my washer machine with my dirty clothes. Love mine, had it for 18 years.

This is pretty much what I do too.  I fill my laundry tub with soap and water and wet the mop head.  Then I mop the “cleanest” parts of the floor first, leaving the dirtiest areas and bathrooms until last.  In between I swish the mophead in the soapy water, then rinse it out before starting a new section.  I use one mop head per cleaning, then wash in the machine.  

@geezerette  I just use water and it does a good job.

@panda1234 

I often just use water only as well.  It just depends on dirty my floors are!

Honored Contributor

I have had these mops for year. I wet one in the sink with hot water and do my entire kitchen/dining room in one go, rinse in hot water and hang to dry. 

I have to say, that our floor is wood in that area (rest of house is carpet) and neither floor is very large. If I feel the floors are excessively dirty, I will rinse the pad out in between floors. 

We don't wear shoes in the house, the dog gets her feet cleaned with diaper wipes every time she comes in, and I have no little ones on the floors these days, so I'm not overly concerned with the floors being sanitized in these two rooms. 

And I dry mop those floors daily, and wet mop them about every three days, and it is clean enough for our needs.