Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use liquid, powder or pods to do your laundry?

It's been one scoop of Tide (powder) per load for the past 40 years in my household.  

Respected Contributor

i allways use all liquid and in the past i have used all pods to. all works just as good as tide but alot cheaper.

Respected Contributor

i agree with you. i stopped using pods because a small load in my top load he was way to much detergent and colored clothes would come out with white streaks.pods for dishwasher i do use and love. cascade advanced pods work awesome no prerinsing dishes even baking dishes come out clean.

Trusted Contributor

I use liquid for laundry. All Free & Clear. Wisk for spot-cleaning around collars, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I love Nellie's laundry soap. One scoop- dissolves completely. No perfumes, chemicals, etc... Clothes are clean, soft & smell great. The other channel had it as a TS a while back with free shipping. 

GREAT product! I also like the fact that Nellie's products are NOT tested on animals.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Tide pods for a couple of years now.

I never have a small load of anything.  I don't overstuff the machine.  One pod is sufficient for my loads. 

Honored Contributor

I use liquid mostly (powder once in awhile, and I find no problem with it as I almost always use hot water, and add it before the clothing), and never tried pods. 

I want complete control of the amount of soap in the load. Based on size of the load, temp of the water, and what is in the load, I will vary the amount of soap I add, so pods aren't versatile enough for me. 

I am using less soap for most loads, than I used to, and find the clothing just as clean. Unless a load is really dirty work clothing, then I tend to run two wash cycles before rinsing, and use a lot more soap.

Esteemed Contributor

I use liquid Tide ... tried the pods but went back to the liquid Tide!!

Honored Contributor

Only liquid detergent is used here.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use All Free & Clear pods, and they do not test on animals. I use a Speed Queen washer and dryer.