Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use liquid, powder or pods to do your laundry?

we also use all free and clear and it does clean well and its way cheaper than tide. i buy it at bjs. its 14.99 for a 225ounces and bjs has good coupons for it and you can allso use coupons from manufacture for double savings. it ends up costing 11.00.

Honored Contributor

Powder...why pay for the water in the liquid or pods. 

Trusted Contributor

I flip back and forth. I have a new washer and you have to use the HE detergent. I can see inside the tub when the clothes are washing and I never see suds anymore which freaks me out because I don't think the clothes get as clean anymore. I am brand loyal to Gain, tide or All....the rest just don't have the fresh scents. The pods are nice for storage and less to recycle. I just don't feel like the clothes come as clean with the new washers and I usually do two cycles to make sure they are really clean. I think it's just me being weird about no suds....lol
Respected Contributor

he detergent is formulated not to make alot of suds.i think my he top loader cleans well. i know the low water level freaks people out but they do get clothes clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Liquid, have used Tide all of my life.

Honored Contributor

Unscented liquid:  Purex, All, Arm and Hammer, and whatever else is on sale.  Years and years ago, I used to use powder, but it often left a powdery residue on black pants.  No problems using liquid unscented (unscented or whatever they're called.  Something like Free and clear, etc. ....Too tired to go downstairs to check out the specific type.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).