Honored Contributor

Do you need a mirror upgrade?

Mirror Chic..I just discovered this web site (American made) and it will certainly fix an issue I have with my large bathroom mirror.  I have had some work done in my bathroom, and you know one thing leads to another...now that most everything is done I think my large mirror needs upgraded.  There is no frame currently on the mirror but it is in good condition except the edges are turning a tad dark.

I asked the handy man that did the work about building a frame for the mirror and it sounded like a lot of work, and I think he thought the same.  

I could see in my head what I wanted and how it should work but he didn't see my vision, ha, ha.  So browsing today I discovered the site and there are a lot of frames to choose from and they install just like I saw in my mind...if you need a frame, this might be the fix you need.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you need a mirror upgrade?

@Mom2Dogs   My friend bought a frame from them for a mirror in her entryway.It looks gorgeous!! She chose an antique white color.However,she didn't assemble it herself.She had her handyman do it.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   If you like to shop around before making a final decision, I can recommend mirrormate<dot>com.  They have a wide range of styles and colors from which to choose and they send samples.  

We used them for two large mirrors five years ago, and they're still like new.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ .....did your friend think it was to hard for her to do? If I order one I was hoping to do it my self, with a little help from DH.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG , thanks, I'll take a look.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@NicksmomESQ .....did your friend think it was to hard for her to do? If I order one I was hoping to do it my self, with a little help from DH.

@Mom2Dogs  If you & DH are handy you can probably do it yourself. My friend isn't very handy & didn't want to risk damaging the mirror or the frame.I too have a handyman put things together for me.I never want to take the chance.

Honored Contributor

thought about cutting down my old huge mirror and buying a frame to put around it---- the frame itself was as expensive as an already framed mirror I bought on AMZ. And the new one is gorgeous

Honored Contributor

I went back and forth about removing my frameless mirrors from all my bathrooms when I redecorated last year.

They do make the tiny room look larger.

I decided to just get nice mirrors for all of them.

Pottery Barn has some nice ones.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to change the topic for one second, do you have a hard time cleaning the big mirror? My big mirror is a nightmare. It collects so much dust. I clean and dust it religiously and I just want to throw it out. How do you all clean these big mirrors? Sorry I am high jacking this post but any advice would be great fully appreciated. 
As for the framing around the mirror that would be so pretty. We got a beveled edge on our mirror so it's kind of framed. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with dust on the mirrors. My bathrooms are interior, no windows, so maybe that makes a difference.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN