Respected Contributor

Do you have an obsession in Home Design?

I have to say mine would be pillows....I can't get enough of them. 

Q- P 3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have an obsession in Home Design?

You ought to include photography, @Regal Bee  You have a real eye for composition.  Your other photo in the other thread about the reading area in your room was also excellent!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Anyone who knows me, knows I do not.   I like my house “free of fluff”.   Pretty much anything that others think of as soft touches, are “fluff” things I don’t have in my house.   I see myself as minimalist to the extreme.   

I don't do throw pillows, rugs, or personal throws, and am not a fan of lamps.   If I have 3+ feet of open space in a room, I don’t think in terms of putting a chair, table or lamp there, open space is just fine.   

I display a lot of framed pictures of our families in my home, and have a few things on the walls in my living room, but my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/dining, and TV rooms have nothing hanging on the walls.   I just do not like looking at, or being surrounded by a house full of stuff.   

Honored Contributor

While I really like things like pillows in pictures, I don't have a lot of extras in my home.  I do enjoy displaying glassware and books, and of course, a few antiques which have family ties.

Honored Contributor

I like art.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

The current obsession is artwork.  In the fall, I purchased some new artwork/wall hangings.  I'm in the process of hanging it and moving around a few things.  Whatever doesn't get hung by next weekend is going to goodwill, whether it's new or old.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee

I used to have a obsession with blue willow pieces & anything to blend with farmhouse French country home decor, including big colorful roosters (and I had about 60).

These past weeks after the holidays I have been on a roll paring down almost in every part of my home.  I wish I had the "flair" for putting things together so it's not cluttered.  

You're home pics always show your beautiful decor yet it's not "cluttered"( for lack of a better word) it all works!  I could use you after my reno is done...

Honored Contributor

I do have a thing for lanterns. I have many in black that I keep out for Fall/Winter and change to my Cream/Off White lanterns for Spring/Summer. I also have flameless candles and pedestals too numerous to mention. 

I too have pillows that I change for the seasons and Holidays. The problem is they take up half of a closet.

Pretty colors in your photo.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee-

I like the way you put that.

I think we all understand thisSmiley HappyWoman LOL

I used to have an obsession with pillows too but then it was just the right cup or interesting but comfortable to hold glass.

I do love pretty plates too even though I do not like to cook.

I always have to study the feel and fabric of sheets and pillowcases and try to find the best one for a price that doesn't cost as much as the house! It seems they tend to shrink and then I need a professional hulk to get them on the bed! Then, aw, I HAVE to find another sheet lol!

That is a very pretty picture of your room!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I LOVE decorating my lakeside home but hate the cluttered look. So it takes a fine line expressing my taste without junking up the place. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"