Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Use Teaspoons Very Often?

We use lots of teaspoons daily, for yogurt, stirring tea/coffee, desserts, tasting foods on the stove to see if they need additional seasoning, icecream and gelatin.

We use the larger tablespoons for all of the above if our teaspoons are in the dishwasher.  I never knew I'd need soup spoons, but they came in a set of silverware I ordered years ago and I have really come to love them, not only for soups but also for chili and fruit salads.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've never owned an iced tea spoon, a "specialized" soup spoon of any sort, or a citrus spoon. We use teaspoons for ice cream, sherbet, yogurt, etc. and for any kind of soup. Tablespoons are much too big for my mouth, and DH doesn't like them either. I use my tablespoons for serving when it's just the two of us, and have serving spoons for company.

Esteemed Contributor

For some of the ones already said. I use a teaspoon to dig out cat food --the don't eat much. The harder food is left out.

Esteemed Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

I use the utensil that accomodates the course and the food.  Teaspoons for dessert to linger over, stir your coffee or tea.  Teaspoons for soups, porridge, oatmeal or cereal would take forever to finish.  You'd never get out the door in the morning and your next course at dinner would get cold before you finished the soup. 

@qwarkster Good points! Also, my DH will sometimes use a tablespoon while I use a teaspoon.

@Sooner  Thanks for the post. I was the original iced beverege spoon poster. I use teaspoons every day, depending on what I am eating. I also use them for sprinkling small amounts of ingredients into my recipes, and for tasting. We actually bought an extra set of teaspoons and forks when my children and grandchildren first came to our house for vacation. We have soup spoons as well but use them only when we are having a soup course.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

I use the utensil that accomodates the course and the food.  Teaspoons for dessert to linger over, stir your coffee or tea.  Teaspoons for soups, porridge, oatmeal or cereal would take forever to finish.  You'd never get out the door in the morning and your next course at dinner would get cold before you finished the soup. 

@qwarkster Good points! Also, my DH will sometimes use a tablespoon while I use a teaspoon.

@Sooner  Thanks for the post. I was the original iced beverege spoon poster. I use teaspoons every day, depending on what I am eating. I also use them for sprinkling small amounts of ingredients into my recipes, and for tasting. We actually bought an extra set of teaspoons and forks when my children and grandchildren first came to our house for vacation. We have soup spoons as well but use them only when we are having a soup course.

@PA Mom-mom  Thank you for starting the other spoon discussion.  It has been really interesting to see what people use, and why.    I can see you would need a. LOT of spoons with a lot of kids!

Maybe we should go for sporks next?  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  I like the idea of sporks - for the older grandchildren, of course! Hahaha!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Sooner  I like the idea of sporks - for the older grandchildren, of course! Hahaha!

@PA Mom-mom  Or older "older" like me!  Woman IndifferentWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

I use teaspoos every day for cereal, ice cream, applesauce, dessert, etc. and often run out.  There are 8 in my set, I wish there were 12.

I hate soup spoons and use small tablespoons instead.  My flatwear includes two sizes of tablespoons.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~