Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Use Teaspoons Very Often?

No, too small.....only use a teaspoon measure when baking/cooking!

Respected Contributor

I had no idea people used those long spoons to eat with until reading the other thread. I’m afraid I’d poke my eye out 😳

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of soup spoons, similar to these, because my dad was having trouble getting the soup to his mouth.  I have them in my house now and we use them all the time.  I use tea spoons only for tea and coffee.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.29.56 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I use them all the time but I don't have the oversized flatware that's sold here.

I use tablespoons for things like chili or hearty soups. I have casserole spoons that are far better for serving than the skimpy tablespoons.

Respected Contributor

I use teaspoons all the time. In fact, they're my go-to spoon!

Respected Contributor

I have often wondered why there is more teaspoons than tablespoons in a set ...

I use teaspoons the least I think, like for sugar in coffee.

I use tablespoons for cereal, soups, ice cream... pretty much anything that requires a spoon to eat.

I have one, yes one, old parfait/ ice tea spoon, whatever it was called that I use occasionally for like a mug of ice cream. Why I have the one lone spoon, I have no idea. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I bought a set of soup spoons, similar to these, because my dad was having trouble getting the soup to his mouth.  I have them in my house now and we use them all the time.  I use tea spoons only for tea and coffee.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.29.56 PM.png

@house_cat   Those are the ones we bought separately from Silversuperstore.  I have wondered why they don't often include these in a flatware set rather than more teaspoons.  

It is so useful to have three types of spoons at least in a set.  We use these and the tablespoons, and often the iced tea spoons,  and few teaspoons. 

Maybe we are just less coordinated and have to have bigger spoons to keep from wearing the soup!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

That topic about Iced Tea spoons got me to thinking about something I've thought about recently:  I hardly ever use teaspoons.  My thanks to OP of other thread for the idea!  Great discussion!

I use the larger tablespoons for cereal, for small serving spoons, and even for dessert spoons.  I have smaller spoons I use in coffee and tea, and a used the iced beverage spoons so often I have them on the counter in an old antique celery vase (yes, there was such a thing!).

The poor teaspoons sit unloved and unused in the drawer mostly now.  

So, do you still use yours a lot?  I think people with children around would use them more.

We also eat a lot of soft boiled eggs, so have egg spoons, and use our grapefruit spoons for citrus, and often for seeding cucumbers or tomatoes or other things, like apples too! 

Ditto....

Use the larger 'tablespoons' all the time.  Several a day!

Rarely the teaspoons.  Drink coffee and tea black so never really need to stir with a smaller spoon.

Honored Contributor

Multiple times a day.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I use the utensil that accomodates the course and the food.  Teaspoons for dessert to linger over, stir your coffee or tea.  Teaspoons for soups, porridge, oatmeal or cereal would take forever to finish.  You'd never get out the door in the morning and your next course at dinner would get cold before you finished the soup.