Honored Contributor

Do These Elements Work Well Together?

Why or why not?

Image may contain: indoor

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do These Elements Work Well Together?

If you remove the tub, this space has a lot of great elements that would allow it to become one of several different types of rooms with decent style...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The room is done in neutrals and has a slight flow.  I'd like to see the rest of the room since half of the "story" (design picture) is cut off.  The other part of the room would probably bring the rest into perspective.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The checked curtains have a rustic, homespun look that belies the traditional formality of the rest of the elements (the armoire, the mirror, pendant light, and the other fine wood furniture), I think.

I can appreciate eclecticism, but the rusticity of those curtains, while fine in other circumstances, here they exist as an uneasy departure from the rest of the look.

Ditto, the warm, variegated tile floor is slightly out of kilter with the imposing, high ceilinged formality of this bath.  Marble tiles would seem a better fit, maybe.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like this is a combination bath/dressing room, but it looks a bit strange to me. I can see a towel rack reflected in the mirror and what almost looks like a shower. I'm not crazy about this room, but that's most likely because I'm not used to a bathtub in the middle of the room!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell    Can you say that again in English?Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   I hearted @Oznell   I thought her description of the discrepancies in this room were right on target - i.e. homespun curtains verses traditional elegance of other pieces are not a good design element.  She did not mention the tub; however, and that type and location of tub are really out of sync with the design of this room IMO

Respected Contributor

To me, it's a successful mixture. Each element is subtle. The color of the armoire & other furniture pieces blend well with the flooring, and the flooring color/pattern & the chandelier give the room style. The window treatments keep the room clean & sophisticated and tie in the wall color. If the room were mine, I'd find a less ornate mirror and perhaps toss the vase w/flowers. I'd want to be sure there was a shower, too!

Trusted Contributor

I love the juxaposition of the elements.  The only discordant note for me are the flowers.  The gingham curtains are a good surprise.

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, gave it my best shot, @grandma2pkmh.  Them's my words!