Honored Contributor

Looking for something cheap that's comprised of a rectangular table and one chair.

It's just for me..

Anyone see these around or somewhere online?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I doubt you could buy a set with just one chair.  You could buy a table, then a chair separately.  Even chairs are often sold in pairs.  It's also hard to find very small tables.  I have a set with a small drop leaf table but it came with two nice chairs with casters.  It's wood with a stainproof finish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A school desk...........?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

Re: Dinette set

[ Edited ]

Try  IKEA. They have separate pieces, but I am not sure of the quality.

The previous poster mentioned a desk.That is what I use. It looks just like a rectangular table although it does have a small pencil drawer. Got that at World Market. 

As far as a chair,  I use a single chair that I picked up at a flea market many years ago.

Honored Contributor
The places around me that would sell separate would be At Home, Target, and occasionally Home Depot has a special like that. Also HomeGoods or TJ Maxx and possibly Hobby lobby.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy-

You could find one I bet at Homegoods.

I had so much luck there when I moved, finding really nice real furniture which was very inexpensive.

A comfortable cushioned dining chair for $59.You have to find stuff at the right time and when you do, get it (it won't be there the next day!)

A beautiful dark wood rectangle table from Ashley Furniture (surprisingly nice and not expensive, real wood, well made furniture!

and a sleigh bed, both of these under $200,

I think the bed $179 and the table even less.

(they have smaller tables too. Mine is a larger one)

I hadn't bought furniture in a long time and was surprised at the good quality and prices!

I knew furniture could be very expensive esp. if made of real wood.

I might buy the table online (which I did) but the chair I would want to try out before buying! Some are so uncomfortable.

I hope you find something you really like!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

We got our small glass table (round) at pier one and two metal chairs fron furniture row.

Esteemed Contributor

Try Overstock. I was looking for a small kitchen pub style set and they had scads of sets.  I didnt see any with 1 chair but lots of 2 chair sets.  They offer just tables and separate chairs,too.  Good luck hunting!

I've had good experiences with Overstock,by the way.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

I figured thye'd be hard to find together, especially in a small size.  

So far there's a chair that I like, but it's been tricky finding a rectangular table that will fit well in my apt. kitchen.  And affordablity is key, of course.. 

Maybe what will help is that I'm not a "matchy-matchy" person and like to think outside the box.  I like the practicality of your set, especially the drop leaf.

Honored Contributor

A desk is a great idea, @Desertdi.